Obamacare Is Dooming “Integrative Medicine”
Posted: 10 December 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3050
Joined  2010-04-26

Link

Hah hah!  Poor little woo peddlers.  See how I weep for you?  Boohoo.  Boohohahahaha!!

EDIT
Fixed title.

[ Edited: 10 December 2012 09:31 AM by Dead Monky ]
 Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2209
Joined  2007-04-26

thx for the link DM. Something tells me that these people and their minions will find a way to get their magnetic braclets and fat busters covered.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 10 December 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Ah yes, one of the problems with the acceptance of secular humans.  I belong to a monthly CFI discussion forum, and almost all are rational, but two people always show up who are fantasy-medicine/herbalist believers.  It’s really annoying, how much time they waste babbling about the horrors of non-organic food and modern medicines.  After a number of their babbling tracts, I begin to wonder if I should start a petition to make strangulation legal.  vampire LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 10 December 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4095
Joined  2006-11-28

There is a lot of uncertanty about the extent to which the new health care law will aid or discourage CAM use. While there are provisions for formal assessment or effectiveness that could reduce coverage for CAM, there are also “anti-discrimination” provisions which might facilitate getting CAM covered.

Here are three articles from SBM on the subject: 1, 2, 3

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 12 December 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3050
Joined  2010-04-26

The impression I get is that it’s slightly more unfavorable than favorable to CAM.  But with the ongoing fueding over ACA and the inevitably vast piles of money the CAM people will undoubtedly pour into the upcoming elections, it’s definitely still a bit shaky.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 12 December 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 10 December 2012 01:47 PM

Ah yes, one of the problems with the acceptance of secular humans.  I belong to a monthly CFI discussion forum, and almost all are rational, but two people always show up who are fantasy-medicine/herbalist believers.  It’s really annoying, how much time they waste babbling about the horrors of non-organic food and modern medicines.  After a number of their babbling tracts, I begin to wonder if I should start a petition to make strangulation legal.  vampire LOL

Occam

We can get a line dance with high kicks going here! Sing it with me!.....♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ everything is made of chemicals!♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
( I forgot to add….Ana 1, ana 2!)

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…