2 of 2
“Science refutes god” debate - interesting podcast
Posted: 15 December 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

I find Michael Shermer to be a great thinker with a fabulous sense of humor.  His books on being a Sceptic are a riot.  He uses Caltech as a place to give lectures and a place where the IQs are high enough to tickle his fancy.  I took his magazine for a couple of years but there are only so many ways to describe bullshit.  He does it well.  I wanted to share with him the magical experience my cats had the day I moved into my mobile home here in the desert. 

They do not allow cats or dogs to roam around the golf course here but my home had 3 huge windows in the ceiling.  No more tree climbing for my older cat.  No more chasing the cattle on the ranch across the street.  Poor old Emma was allowed to sleep in her chair carefully placed in the sun beam from the sky.  I placed a second chair for her roommate who had never been outdoors.  The cats learned to live inside and climb my book shelves and jump from one to the others.  I was in the kitchen when all hell broke loose in the living room.  A huge yellow monster was on the roof looking down on my two sleeping cats who finally opened their eyes and looked up.  I was wrong, there is a God who lives on my roof.  My two cats made complete asses of themselves while my handyman was putting speakers in the book shelves.  Hitchock could have written a script based on the noises from my black cats.  My older cat leaped 5 feet straight up in the air trying to kill God.  She missed three times before she gave up.  The baby cat is much smarter and simply turned over and went back to sleep.  A week later we heard that the big yellow cat had been hit by a car and I felt almost guilty that maybe she died of laughter from the fool who lives in unit number 45.

Posted: 15 December 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Haha, a real ceiling cat!

Ceiling_Cat_Creates_Man.jpg

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 15 December 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

That’s it!  I love it!  God is indeed, a yellow cat.

Posted: 18 December 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-18
arielmessenger - 14 December 2012 06:35 AM

In any event, when you talk about a subject that you don’t know about because you only read what others say about it and come to me with your opinions and beliefs and argue with me about my real live experience in spiritual consciousness, provable to anyone with eyes to see past prejudices, you know, like over 500 Nazarean Christians could see at Easter in Nazareth, Israel, in 2003 when my spiritually commissioned from God gift to them and myself were honored in the courtyard of the Church of St. John. I’ve had tea with the Archbishop of the Holy Land dioceses, I am recognized by leaders in my community and every community I travel to as a religious visionary and man of God. I tell you this as I have always done so in presenting evidence of my own spiritual experience, not to brag but to show you that when you come up against a real spiritually led person, you better be prepared for your cherished beliefs to be crushed and defeated as I have done so here now enough times to call a halt to the slaughter.

You will allow me to shake the pee down my leg won’t you kind sir?

You all lost the debate. Go home, realize why atheism even in secular countries is always a tiny minority viewpoint, “spiritual, not religious” replacing many a former organized religionist affiliation now which is good, but atheism, which is not good because it is another farooking fundamentalist mindset intellectuals don’t need to be distracted with because it never can be a logical, rational way of thinking. You don’t rush to judgment without knowing what you’re talking about and that’s what atheists do continually.

Well they can’t all be masterpieces.

Thanks for the opportunity for letting a theist trounce your mistaken ideology. I know you don’t appreciate what I’ve done but it wasn’t for your sakes but for anyone following these discussions to think about theism more deeply and why it is a human phenomena that is ancient yet never goes away. You can’t dismiss it without knowing what it is and that takes experience, direct experience and not relying on second-hand, Nth-hand hearsay.

Adios.

Great.  Another second comer.

Trailing this guy from another atheist site where he just got banned for previous banishment and this time for using a sock puppet strategy to re-engage.  Was hoping to engage him in email as my goal for joining this obviously seasoned bunch whose patience and quiet rebuttal’s are as impressive as some where I come from.  Thanks for the opportunity to join y’all.

Posted: 20 December 2012 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-12-18
Sandy Price - 15 December 2012 12:32 PM

That’s it!  I love it!  God is indeed, a yellow cat.

Cute cat.  I’ll bow down to the little feller.  smile

Chris

Posted: 21 December 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2012-11-13
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 14 December 2012 08:08 PM

Look, atheists, there is a limit to how much I can take in dealing with closed minded irrationality of fundamentalist believers.

You are not dealing with fundamentalist believers.

No matter how often you keep trying to say it, there is no such thing as a fundamentalist atheist.

You all lost the debate.

No we didn’t.

Curmudgeon, you guys never answered my challenges to explain how the human brain has evolved to register and process spiritual phenomena when you atheists say there’s no spiritual phenomena to process, it’s all imaginary. Come back with your rational answer because that’s the only way you could win this debate with me. I’ve won it hands down so far because none of you atheists has been able to rise to the challenge. And, don’t forget, I have direct, documented, provable experience in what I’m talking about while you guys don’t have a clue about spiritual reality yet idiotically think you’re experts in the subject. Not having any knowledge of a subject and yet claiming authority in it is the classic example of the fundamentalist mindset that closes it’s ears to any evidence that contradicts the belief system. As you demonstrate.

Posted: 21 December 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2012-11-15

“One of the greatest tragedies of our time is this impression that has been created that science and religion have to be at war.”—Francis Collins

Posted: 21 December 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

arielmessenger, I’m not interested in dealing with your cognitive dissonance, your childish taunts, or you’re trolling.

FACT: (NOT open to debate): Your questions and your so-called challanges have in fact been answered and addressed. That you don’t like them, don’t understand them, and refuse to accept or acknowladge them does not in any negate the fact that your questions and so-called challanges have been addressed.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 06 January 2013 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
arielmessenger - 14 December 2012 06:35 AM

..... my real live experience in spiritual consciousness, provable to anyone with eyes to see past prejudices, you know, like over 500 Nazarean Christians could see at Easter in Nazareth, Israel, in 2003 when my spiritually commissioned from God gift to them and myself were honored in the courtyard of the Church of St. John…...

how does a person know for sure if they are spirtually commissioned from God…  I mean for sure .....

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

how does a person know for sure if they are spirtually commissioned from God…  I mean for sure .....

As soon as they’re off their meds or the balances in their numbered offshore bank accounts in the Caymen Islands get low. wink

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

2 of 2