2 of 2
“It’s the End of the World…”
Posted: 24 December 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

I’ll have to take your word for it Occam.  By the time the world is coming to its end, I won’t be able to find my glasses.  When I do find them, it will all be over.  I will have to clean up the kitchen first so that nobody will ever know my bad habits.

Posted: 24 December 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

A number of comments:

1.  Sandy, I’ve picked up about twelve pairs of glasses from the local 99 cent stores and have them sprinkled around the house.  I frequently mislay the pair I’m using, but as I start to look for them I always run into another pair, so I don’t have to worry about that.

2.  Next time you have a sinkful of water, watch how it swirls as it drains, then stick you hand in the water and swish it in the opposite direction.  It’ll keep draining that way and won’t go back to the original spin direction.

3.  Both our kitchens will have faded far into history long before the world ends, however, I couldn’t care less if I leave a mess because that’s the problem of those living.  Since I won’t exist, their opinions won’t make any difference to me.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 December 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

I knew there was a reason I came back to CFI several months ago; it was for the scientific information that is always available to me.  My problem at this moment is that I no longer use the bath tub.  I   can get in but I cannot get out.  I am pleased to report that I have a huge shower with room for a fabulous chair.  My experiment will have to be done in the bathroom sink.  Every morning after I brush my teeth, I lift my old cat up from the floor where she can play in the sink and splash around like a new kitten.  So that lets out the bathroom sink.  I will   try the kitchen sink.  I will fill it and watch it drain clockwise?  Or did you say counterclockwise?  Before I do this I will need to find my glasses.  I will try it both ways and report back tomorrow….that is if I can remember.  Living in my half world of dementia is fun!

2 of 2