Hello From Sydney, Australia
Posted: 01 January 2007 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-01

Hi people

My name is Robert. I work with technology for a living. I’ve had a chance to learn about baptists as practised in SA, and went to an Anglican school for several years. I’ve been interested in science and logic and skepticism for a while and have been trying to add more understanding of philosophy, ethics and economics recently.

I’ve used tertiary study and a lot of reading, watching of video’s, debates with friends etc to help develop my knowledge and views and I’m sure I’ve still got a long road ahead.

I’m also working on my writing skills so that I can present reasoned arguments better. To that end I have a rather crap blog: http://ozdissect.blogspot.com/

I started listening to some skeptical podcasts and eventually wound up listening to P.O.I. I’ve been really impressed with the content and the D.J’s interviewing skills.

The Center (strong urge to spell it Centre) seems to have some good goals that I’d like to support. So once I’ve gotten over the Christmas budget meltown, I’m hoping to join.

In the meantime I’m looking forward to cruising the forums.

Cheers

Robert Tillsley

Posted: 01 January 2007 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-01-01

Hello From Sydney, Australia

Hi people

My name is Robert. I work with technology for a living. I’ve had a chance to learn about baptists as practised in SA, and went to an Anglican school for several years. I’ve been interested in science and logic and skepticism for a while and have been trying to add more understanding of philosophy, ethics and economics recently.

I’ve used tertiary study and a lot of reading, watching of video’s, debates with friends etc to help develop my knowledge and views and I’m sure I’ve still got a long road ahead.

I’m also working on my writing skills so that I can present reasoned arguments better. To that end I have a rather crap blog: http://ozdissect.blogspot.com/

I started listening to some skeptical podcasts and eventually wound up listening to P.O.I. I’ve been really impressed with the content and the D.J’s interviewing skills.

The Center (strong urge to spell it Centre) seems to have some good goals that I’d like to support. So once I’ve gotten over the Christmas budget meltown, I’m hoping to join.

In the meantime I’m looking forward to cruising the forums.

Cheers

Robert Tillsley

Posted: 02 January 2007 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-01-01

Thanks Doug.

Is anyone else on the forum from Australia?