3 of 6
Non stop engine
Posted: 01 June 2013 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

The only engine which never stops is the SCAM engine which just keeps on going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, with new scams offering perpetual motion engines.

As long as there is money to be SCAMMED, the SCAM engine will keep on going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going!

Kinda like the Energizer Bunny!

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 12 June 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2012-12-24

Hi again,

Few months ago I had chance to post topic here about a non stop engine model. Now it has been improved and works well, and I would like to introduce my new model here.

1. Tools and facilities:
- The main component of this model is a wooden toy with dragonfly shape. Its head is a rectangle which is curved upward, with long tail
- A sharp pillar
- A medium sizes magnet (In attached screenshot it is the round and white piece)
- Some tiny magnets

2. Model
- Stick the tiny magnets under the tail of dragonfly shaped specimen. The gravity of magnets make this specimen settles down toward the tail.
- Then, touch the sharp peak of the rectangle head of the specimen very slightly into the top of the pillar. It makes the balance status of this dragonfly toy is very unstable. It is very easy to drop down as seen in attached screenshot
- Put the medium sized magnet vertically and so close to the tail of the specimen so that their facing poles are NOT the same (i.e. north to south or south to north)
- Keep the whole system in an insolated room, with all doors and windows are closed to prevent air wing influence.

3. Operation:
- The attraction force between 2 magnets makes the tail of the specimen is pulled down slightly, before it is up again. Then a new period starts with the up and down movement of the specimen tail, again and again etc.
- The position of the medium sized magnet is adjustable so that it can give best result to the movement of the specimen. If the distance between magnets is so far, the force intensity is so weak to result in movement. Otherwise, the strong attraction force from the medium sized will also prevent the specimen from moving.

I let my model there overnight to make sure that there is no stopping. And luckily it does not stop until now.

I post my article here so that any interesting individual can follow and replicate my experiments.

All of my expectation that you can contact me and replicate my experiment

Thinh from Vietnam

See my clip in Youtube at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhu6GunAsJs

Posted: 12 June 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2013-06-01

Have you had a chance to look at some of the rare earth types of magnets?
They are expensive but many times more powerful than the standard magnets.
That could help in Operation 3.

Working at a machine shop some years back, there were five guys each trying to build a self powering engine. They had everything the needed to work with. And some engines ran for a long time but they all stopped.
None used magnets.

The only successful engine I have ever seen was the clock in Nebraska and it used magnets.

Posted: 12 June 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  2778
Joined  2011-11-04

How about this? Place a lightweight metallic vehicle on a rail.  Affix a swivellable magnet so that it pulls the vehicle forward on the rail.  Have a non-metallic protruberance from the front of the vehicle that swivels the magnet so that it no longer exerts a pull once the vehicle arrives.  Meanwhile have another similar magnet further down the rail that continues to pull the vehicle forward.  Have a sequence of such magnets along the entire rail, with the rail going in one big loop.  Wah-lah!  The vehicle keeps on going and going and going.  Patent pending, as I just now thought of this.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 13 June 2013 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24

Great,

Could you release a screenshot so that I can try to reproduce it?

Posted: 13 June 2013 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  2778
Joined  2011-11-04
thinhnghiem - 13 June 2013 09:35 AM

Great,

Could you release a screenshot so that I can try to reproduce it?

Dammit, Jim!  I’m an idea man, not a design engineer!
But seriously, it was just an idea that occurred to me, the moment before I wrote the post.  I don’t have the skills and motivation to actually try to build such a contraption.  But if someone does, I am guessing it will take a lot of magnets.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 18 June 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24

No problem,

Just tell me about your thought. All ideas are welcome for improvement

Thanks

Posted: 18 June 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  2243
Joined  2012-10-27
thinhnghiem - 03 January 2013 09:19 PM
domokato - 03 January 2013 10:44 AM

The magnets create periodic motion after the dragonfly has had some force applied to it, but energy will be lost over time due to friction from the joint and air. The dragonfly looks so light that even the gust of air from opening the door or an air current flowing under the closed door could set it in motion again.

I also think about it when performing the experiment. Below are my checking:

1. All windows and doors of the room are closed.

2. When I removed the magnet, the toy stays motionlessly

3. When I put the magnet to its position again as seen in attached image, the dragonfly begins to swing and keeps this state over days.

Is there anything missing in my actions? All opinions are welcomed

Yes,you can’t tell if it’s going to continue forever unless you can come back to check every 100 or 1,000 years or so.  Let us know how it does in the first hundred years.

If you really think you have invented a perpetual motion machine, see James Randi.  It might be worth a cool million, if not to you, to your heirs.

Lois

Posted: 19 June 2013 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  5175
Joined  2010-06-16

As I suggested earlier, you should find a local junior college and sign up for the elementary physics courses.  Study the thermodynamics sections very assiduously; especially, try to understand all of the ramifications of the second law.

Then go back to work on your engine.

Occam

[ Edited: 19 June 2013 05:41 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 19 June 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2013-06-01

Thermodynamic engineers

Missed the boat, I wanted to be a Thermodynamic Engineer as a career.
When factory workers top pay was $8/hr and contractors was $16/hr, thermodynamic engineer contractors was $90/hr. What a fun job they have. Of course my training on the slide ruler is a little outdated now.

Posted: 20 June 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2012-04-25
Occam. - 19 June 2013 05:35 PM

As I suggested earlier, you should find a local junior college and sign up for the elementary physics courses.  Study the thermodynamics sections very assiduously; especially, try to understand all of the ramifications of the second law.

Occam

The OP, after I kinda called him on it as being a kid, said he was an engineer.  Still don’t believe it though just based on the questions he’s asked.  I think he’s just playing around making fun stuff but hopefully not seriously trying to make a Perp Motion Machine.

OP: I have another project for you, this one a little less mechanical, and I think less variables to consider. Create a liquid that when placed in an oven gets colder and eventually freezes…without effecting the oven’s temperature.

Posted: 20 June 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2010-11-21

It’s actually not absolutely correct to credit the Second Law of Thermodynamics as an argument against perpetual motion. In fact, it supports it. If it is understood that energy is not lost in a closed ideal system, than the net energy in a closed ideal container of space remains constant. Therefore, the movement of all particles in such a container will maintain their motions. As they bounce off one another they only exchange their energy amongst themselves and so the total energy remains the same.

Also, particles themselves are cyclic forms of energy that can be considered perpetual motion machines in their own right. If matter can’t be destroyed, then its internal exchange of energy remains.

I think that it is rational that people can imagine the potential of such possibilities without being considered morons. What gets missed perhaps is the assumption that you can relieve that energy within a closed system to add work externally. But even this is ideally possible if you find a means to recapture or recycle that lost energy by creating a larger enclosure that excludes loss there.

Personally, I can’t remember the last time I’ve ever been scammed by anyone proposing another perpetual machine. I think that you’re more likely to get pick pocketed in Alaska before you get taken in by phoney perpetual motion advocates.

Signature 

I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Posted: 20 June 2013 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Second Law of Thermodynamics isn’t an argument against perpetual motion per se, it’s against a perpetual motion machine, where a machine is something that can do work. The Second Law is directly relevant to the claim that one cannot make a machine that does perpetual work. (Indeed, IIRC this is one of the definitions of the Second Law).

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 June 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  2243
Joined  2012-10-27
CuthbertJ - 20 June 2013 10:05 AM
Occam. - 19 June 2013 05:35 PM

Occam

The OP, after I kinda called him on it as being a kid, said he was an engineer.  Still don’t believe it though just based on the questions he’s asked.  I think he’s just playing around making fun stuff but hopefully not seriously trying to make a Perp Motion Machine.

OP: I have another project for you, this one a little less mechanical, and I think less variables to consider. Create a liquid that when placed in an oven gets colder and eventually freezes…without effecting the oven’s temperature.

He started his post with, “Dears”.  When I see that I’m expecting what follows to be a scheme to get money from a Nigerian Bank!

I do hope he’s smarter and more ethical than that. Hard to tell, though.

Lois

Posted: 21 June 2013 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14
thinhnghiem - 01 January 2013 08:25 PM

Dears,
You can view my clip on youtube for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4weSLjuvok&feature=youtu.be

Thinh from Vietnam

Looking at this video, I can’t help noticing that the camera moves slightly.  Why is that?  Is it on a tripod?  That suggests that either the table is moving or that there’s a fan or something off camera where we can’t see it.

3 of 6