Total Posts:  24
Joined  2012-12-24
advocatus - 21 June 2013 09:06 AM
thinhnghiem - 01 January 2013 08:25 PM

Dears,
You can view my clip on youtube for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4weSLjuvok&feature=youtu.be

Thinh from Vietnam

Looking at this video, I can’t help noticing that the camera moves slightly.  Why is that?  Is it on a tripod?  That suggests that either the table is moving or that there’s a fan or something off camera where we can’t see it.

No, it is really in an isolated room. That’s all my best I can do. I am only an amateur experimental person. I do my test at home, not in an well equipped laboratory.
Below is my latest script for improve model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhu6GunAsJs

Posted: 21 June 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2012-04-25

Wait, what about my post #41 about a new project for you?

Others: I think maybe this is a scam to draw folks to the youtube video.  I’ve heard if you get enough hits, youtube will actually contact you and pay you to place ads.

Posted: 22 June 2013 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

What’s making the table move, then?

Posted: 23 June 2013 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24
advocatus - 22 June 2013 07:20 AM

What’s making the table move, then?

Just my shaking hands when using the camera

Posted: 27 June 2013 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24

The movement of the model goes from vibrating violently to slower, then remain at a threshold. where the moving speed is unchanged

Posted: 27 June 2013 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  4626
Joined  2007-10-05

As Robert Heinlein said about perpetual motion machines, “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.”

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 27 June 2013 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24

Why not?

Planets in the universe are moving millions of years. Electrons are moving around atomic nuclear constantly

Posted: 28 June 2013 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

I am beginning to doubt you have an engineering degree of any kind.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 28 June 2013 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
DarronS - 28 June 2013 04:55 AM

I am beginning to doubt you have an engineering degree of any kind.

No kidding…  wink

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 28 June 2013 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Planets in the universe are moving millions of years. Electrons are moving around atomic nuclear constantly

Basic Newtonian physics. Objects in motion thend to stay in motion UNLESS acted upon by some sort of outside force.

This isn’t hard.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 28 June 2013 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 28 June 2013 04:08 PM

Basic Newtonian physics. Objects in motion thend to stay in motion UNLESS acted upon by some sort of outside force.

This isn’t hard.

And atoms decay over time, hence the term half-life. Another thing, millions of years seems like a lot of time to us humans, but in the overall scheme of things it is a very tiny fraction of the age of the universe.

Then there is that pesky Second Law of Thermodynamics.

Signature 

Posted: 29 June 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Basic Newtonian physics. Objects in motion tend to stay in motion UNLESS acted upon by some sort of outside force.

This isn’t hard.

Learned this in High School…
(hint: friction is an ‘outside force’)

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 July 2013 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24

Combination of weight of the toy and magnet interactive forcres are making the non stop motion

Posted: 09 July 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-24

This isn’t hard.

No outside force here at all.

If we consider all specimens in my script as part of the whole system, it is really that interact forces come from them only, no external factor to be found here

In fact, the interaction between the big magnet and the magnet at the tail of the toy makes the toy lifted up. Then its gravity pulls it down, and this period happen again and again. Whenever the magnet keeps its energy out, this phenomenon still goes ahead.

Posted: 09 July 2013 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2010-11-21

thinhnghiem,

You can be capable of creating a machine that actually moves for very long periods, even many years, and potentially eternally. The problem isn’t simply the motion itself, it is the fact that you cannot transfer that motion externally into work or energy. An atom, or any matter in this case, are examples of ‘perpetual’ motion in this sense. The trick isn’t to try to demonstrate devices that go on forever in exclusion of an external environment. You would have to show that such movement can create change externally while still not having to lose its own energy.

If you had a top (gyroscope) set spinning in an ideal space with the absence of absolutely everything, it will go on forever. This is already understood. Perhaps the term, “perpetual motion” throws people off because they recognize this but don’t understand why it appears to imply that things can never do this in a closed system. For this, I think it might be better to rename the concept perpetual energy devices. This would clarify better why such devices do not work. We probably only still call them, “perpetual motion” devices due to historical convention. The intent by those who have either sincerely or fraudulently attempted to create such devices were intended to find a means to create a source of perpetual energy, not merely cyclic motion.

[ Edited: 09 July 2013 02:08 PM by Scott Mayers ]
 Signature 

I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

4 of 6