2 of 2
Zoo’s
Posted: 10 January 2013 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I was happy that they sent the elephants to other places, they clearly couldn’t care for them, or create a suitable habitat. I would be happy if they found new homes for more of their animals and concentrated on creating a great place for a few. Glad to know there were real improvements made.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 15 January 2013 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4392
Joined  2010-08-15
mid atlantic - 07 January 2013 04:42 AM

The thread under US social welfare made me want to start this one.

Forum members, what are your views on Zoo’s?

Are they a waste of money, do you think they promote education about the animal kingdom, and is that even worthwhile?

I think they are a complete waste of money, and ultimately, no one really cares about them.  I should clarify, I don’t think the public generally cares about the stuff zoo’s say they work towards - conservation, research, etc.

Interesting questions.
I myself have mixed feelings about Zoo’s, like ‘em and dislike ‘em but no time for that right now.

The question of budgets, now that’s going to become ugly as we enter the age of relentless and increasingly damaging extreme weather events straining established safety-nets and social* budgets in a big way???

{I mean combined personal spending and governmental.  What will be the first social amenities to be lost to the triage?}

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

2 of 2

‹‹ happy new year everybody!      scam letter ››