Hannity and Colmes appearance
Posted: 04 January 2007 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-07-18

I was recently (Nov 30) able to appear on FoxNews’ "Hannity & Colmes" program to support church-state separation and represent our CFI campus affiliate group—Gator Freethought.  The program focused on a 10 Commandments monument recently placed on the courthouse steps in Dixie County, FL.  The short segment was abbreviated further by a satellite disruption, but anyone interested can watch a YouTube clip of the show, read my commentary, and follow updates, at the Gator Freethought webpage.

Of course, part of me just wanted to point that out for egotistical reasons, including spotlighting our group at UF.  However, I mention this also because we have been trying to locate plaintiffs to have this monument challenged.  In order to reverse this erosion of our civil liberties, we need someone who either lives in Dixie County, or does significant business at the courthouse there, to establish legal standing to file a suit. 

If you or anyone you know would like to receive free and confidential legal advice, please contact the FFRF:
Annie Laurie Gaylor at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), 608/256-8900

- or you may write -

FFRF, Inc.
PO Box 750, Madison WI 53701

Alternatively, you may contact the regional office of the ACLU of Florida to get free and confidential advice:
North Central Chapter (Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Levy, Putnam and Union Counties)
Chapter Chair: John Johnson
Phone: (352) 283-4959

The Gainesville Chapter meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Downtown Center Conference Room of Santa Fe Community College. For more information, contact the chapter chair or for legal assistance write to the ACLU at 4500 Biscayne Blvd, suite 340, Miami, FL 33137, or you can file a complaint online.

Signature 

Luciferi primo cum sidere frigida rura carpamus, dum mane novum, dum gramina canent Virgil, Georgics III, 324-5
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum Lucretius