2 of 2
Boy Scouts of America must believe in a god, any god.
Posted: 10 February 2013 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2699
Joined  2011-04-24

I wonder if they would accept Spinoza’s “god”?

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 11 February 2013 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
morgantj - 08 February 2013 12:18 PM
CuthbertJ - 08 February 2013 11:35 AM
morgantj - 07 February 2013 09:35 AM
DarronS - 07 February 2013 09:28 AM

I use this as an excuse to not buy merchandise the Boy Scouts peddle. Occasionally I’ll explain to the scout and parent that I’m an atheist and will not give money to an organization that does not accept me.

You could do the same for the girl scouts when they try to sell you cookies. Explain to them that you are a male and will not give money to an organization that does not accept you. smile

That would be a big mistake. The Girl Scouts, unlike the Boy Scouts, is a very tolerant, accepting, positive organization. Yes it is for girls only, though men can in fact be troop leaders. But to not buy their cookies because they won’t accept you because you’re a boy is like refusing to buy anything at the Battery Store because they refuse to sell food.

LOL! I know. I was joking. Girls scouts allow gays and atheists.

And men.

“Membership is what you make it. Pitch in your expertise or build a skill you’ve always wanted to develop. Speak any foreign languages? Dabble in Web design? Your Girl Scout council needs your talent! You can spend an hour, a day, or more, depending on your schedule. We’re looking for members who believe in girls and volunteers who represent the diversity of the world we live in—women, men, young adults, senior citizens, people of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, and of course our treasured Alumnae.”

http://www.girlscouts.org/join/adults.asp

Girl Scouts have been ahead of the pack for most of its existence. The Girl Scouts’ organization is nothing like Boy Scouts’ Organization.  BSA has a lot to learn from the Girl Scouts. Trouble is they’re still pushing male supremacy which is why they’re whithering away.

Posted: 11 February 2013 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Lois - 11 February 2013 07:47 AM

Girl Scouts have been ahead of the pack for most of its existence. The Girl Scouts’ organization is nothing like Boy Scouts’ Organization.  BSA has a lot to learn from the Girl Scouts. Trouble is they’re still pushing male supremacy which is why they’re whithering away.

The Boy Scouts allows women, but not girls; just like the Girl scouts allows men, but not boys.

Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
mid atlantic - 11 February 2013 04:52 PM

The Boy Scouts allows women, but not girls; just like the Girl scouts allows men, but not boys.

No, the Girl Scouts have allowed boys to join. Not many do, but they have.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 11 February 2013 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
asanta - 11 February 2013 05:39 PM
mid atlantic - 11 February 2013 04:52 PM

No, the Girl Scouts have allowed boys to join. Not many do, but they have.

I can’t find any sources about non - transgendered boys ever joining the girl scouts, so I’m going have to not believe that.

And transgendered boys are not real boys.

Signature 

2 of 2