DJ
Posted: 07 January 2007 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-12-09

At the end of this week’s episode with Ann Druyan, she said to DJ, "I love your questions." 

I’ve thought the same thing during every episode.  DJ consistently gets to the heart of the issue with his questions, and often challenges his guests by playing devil’s advocate in a respectful manner.

IMO, DJ is the best interviewer out there. 

I must admit I have quite a crush on him.  Too bad he’s taken!

Bill

Signature 

If you won’t pray in my schools, I won’t think in your church

Posted: 08 January 2007 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2006-08-28

Re: DJ

[quote author=“Impish”] 

I’ve thought the same thing during every episode.  DJ consistently gets to the heart of the issue with his questions, and often challenges his guests by playing devil’s advocate in a respectful manner.

Exactly. I always think DJ plays the role of devil’s advocate very well. And he’s never antagonistic. I like his style and enjoy his interviews.  tup.gif

Signature 

Fiction is fun, but facts are fundamental.

Posted: 08 January 2007 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

Now, now. Let’s not let this go to his head. We don’t want him moving to Fox News on us ...

LOL  LOL

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 09 January 2007 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-01-09

I quite like DJ’s style but as a devils advocate I don’t think he is that good in general. A lot of the time he seems to simply put forward an opinion which he knows the person will refute. In other words, instead of playing devils advocate to really challenge the persons views, he seems to do it to make it easy for them to make their points.

Posted: 09 January 2007 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-07-30

DJ

As I wrote in another post, I enjoy the way DJ is letting his own personality emerge on the shows.  In the beginning, he was more formal, and I for one, am really enjoying the later podcasts more.  I think he is an extremely polished, articulate and intelligent interviewer, and I agree with DOug - lets hope some big network doesn’t steal him away!

Eileen smile

‹‹ Science and religion      FEAR IS THE ENEMY ››