1 of 2
Missouri House Bill 633: Crazy For Guns!  Really, crazy.
Posted: 19 February 2013 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Want to propose some legislation restricting anyone’s right to bear arms?  That a felony.

Link

Even the most gun happy of gun rights folks have to admit that this is idiotic.  And a little insane.  Okay, a lot insane.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 19 February 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-10-22

Nothing like recognizing the right to free speech.

Live by the gun, die by the gun.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 19 February 2013 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2229
Joined  2007-04-26

Wow, Thats scarey

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 19 February 2013 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2012-04-25

And the same moron who entered that bill will go around telling everyone the US has the best education system in the world.  It’s Idiocracy happening right now.

Posted: 19 February 2013 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Want to propose some legislation restricting anyone’s right to bear arms?  That a felony.

While I’m as unapologetically pro-second amendment as they come, I’m also just as unaplogetically pro-all-the-other amendments as well, and for the same reasons. Whether we like any of them or not, these are all rights which are supposed to be protected, not trivialized, marginalized, or legislated into irrelevance.

So perhaps somebody can explain to me how supressing one’s right to free speech and expression somehow protects any other right, 2cnd, or otherwise.

Oh…waitaminute…it doesn’t.

Think this idiot will get it?

If anybody does, I’ve got a bridge over the East River in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 20 February 2013 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

The good news is there is no hearing scheduled and the bill is not on the House calendar. I sincerely hope the people who voted for this idiot are embarrassed, but somehow I think they’re proud of him for protecting their right to wear short sleeves (pun intended).

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 20 February 2013 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

There are probably tons of moronic bills like this proposed every session.

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2011-08-15

And here’s yet another argument the right wingers are using, The Dick Act of 1903. This was the act that created the National Guard and tied it to the regular military. Its purpose was to prevent a state from using it’s militia against the national government but the gun nuts interpret it to say that the act prevents the Federal Government from making restrictive laws due to a clause that mentions state militias may not be used outside of the state’s jurisdiction. Therefore buy as many guns as you want, even military weapons. There’s even websites touting this Act as clear protection of the right to arm yourself with whatever gun suits your fancy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_Act_of_1903

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 February 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

I sincerely hope the people who voted for this idiot are embarrassed

Don’t forget that both parties send people like this to office, Something to start seriously thinking about anytime somebody makes the statist proposition that Big Brother Knows Best to bolster their arguements in favour of banning something…anything at all. (Including but NOT restricted to guns.)

Big Brother does NOT know best and never did.

If Big Brother did know best, we just wouldn’t have the sort of problems that exist today.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 21 February 2013 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-04-26
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 20 February 2013 06:43 PM

If Big Brother did know best, we just wouldn’t have the sort of problems that exist today.

We wouldn’t?

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2013 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2012-04-25
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 20 February 2013 06:43 PM

I sincerely hope the people who voted for this idiot are embarrassed

Don’t forget that both parties send people like this to office, Something to start seriously thinking about anytime somebody makes the statist proposition that Big Brother Knows Best to bolster their arguements in favour of banning something…anything at all. (Including but NOT restricted to guns.)

Big Brother does NOT know best and never did.

Really, both parties? Name 3 dems that are as nutjob as Aikens, Murdoch, and Alan West? I’m sick of this “equivalence” thing where someone says boths sides left and right are equally nutty.  The right denies science, global climate change, womens rights, hates the poor, believes in uber-capitalism.  So what? The left is equally nutty by supporting science too much, supporting GCC and the environment too much, supporting womens right too much?, taking care of the poor too much?  Just stop.

Posted: 21 February 2013 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

We wouldn’t?

We wouldn’t.

More to the point, they wouldn’t be taking the ones we have (As with the current budget battles) and make them worse.

Big Brother does not know best so I don’t care if anybody here has a left wing statist mindset or a rightwing statist mindset, just get over it and deal with it.

Signature 

Posted: 22 February 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-10-22

Big Brother does not know best so I don’t care if anybody here has a left wing statist mindset or a rightwing statist mindset, just get over it and deal with it.

Right, time to get rid of the FDA, FDIC, the military, traffic police, etc. Anarchy should rule.

Fixed the spelling

[ Edited: 23 February 2013 09:46 AM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 22 February 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Right, time to get rid of the FDA, FDIC, thhe military, traffic police, etc. Anarchy should rule.

I don’t indulge strawman arguements either.

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2013 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

What’s the big deal? 

They only want to make it a “class D” felony

sick

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 23 February 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-10-22
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 22 February 2013 10:13 AM

Right, time to get rid of the FDA, FDIC, the military, traffic police, etc. Anarchy should rule.

I don’t indulge strawman arguements either.

Its no straw man, with the current “sequestration”  Buffalo airport is going to lose its air controllers, among many other services.  Its time people stop agruing that we don’t need gov’t is necessary, before all the bridges come tumbling down (literally).

Signature 

Gary the Human

1 of 2