1 of 2
New Boredom
Posted: 19 March 2013 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1769
Joined  2007-10-22

Any one else tired of the over coverage of the new Pope by the media?  Apparently there is no other serious news to spend more than a brief mention.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 19 March 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2699
Joined  2011-04-24

I was bored with it before he was even chosen. Haha.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 19 March 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Any one else tired of the over coverage of the new Pope by the media?

I’m not tired of it because I’m not even paying attention to it in the first place. Except for the damage they do on way too many levels ( Missives such as: Sex is a sin, should NEVER be enjoyed no matter how good it is, and contraception is a sin no matter how grotesquely and dangerously over populated the world is) I could care less what the Catholic Church has to say on much of anything.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 19 March 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I don’t know how to post a link to it, but I loved the photo going around with his holy poopiness in all of his regalia captioned thusly:

The pope, wearing a fabulous vintage chiffon-lined gold Dior gown over a silk Vera Wang empire waist tulle cocktail dress, accessorized with a 3 foot beaded peaked House of Whoville hat, and the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in The Wizard of Oz, is on his way to tell us it’s wrong to be gay.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 March 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3216
Joined  2011-08-15

LOL The ruby slippers got me! Antie Em, Antie Francis!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 March 2013 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Thevillageatheist - 19 March 2013 06:56 PM

LOL The ruby slippers got me! Antie Em, Antie Francis!

Cap’t Jack

cool grin

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 March 2013 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-08-31

A reason to be interested in it could be that the Catholic church still is a power. What the pope says and does might (yes, might… I am not sure) have some influence on millions of Catholics. So even that I think the Catholic church is a silly irrational institution, I rather see a pope that cares more about people than about theology (at least compared to his predecessor).

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 20 March 2013 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Who cares more about people? Francis? Why? Because he picked the name of the humble Francis of Assisi? From what I have read, the new pope said some very nasty stuff against women and gays; I guess that counts as “carrying” about other people.

Most importantly, though, Francis opposed Liberation theology, so I don’t see how that makes him the saint of the poor.

Posted: 20 March 2013 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-10-22

News Flash: 

The Pope Just Pooped.  grin  grin

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 20 March 2013 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  3216
Joined  2011-08-15

Does that mean he’s now to pooped to pope?  tongue rolleye

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 March 2013 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
asanta - 19 March 2013 06:01 PM

I don’t know how to post a link to it, but I loved the photo going around with his holy poopiness in all of his regalia captioned thusly:

The pope, wearing a fabulous vintage chiffon-lined gold Dior gown over a silk Vera Wang empire waist tulle cocktail dress, accessorized with a 3 foot beaded peaked House of Whoville hat, and the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in The Wizard of Oz, is on his way to tell us it’s wrong to be gay.

Yes! I saw that picture and blurb, but it was actually a picture of Benedict.  Francis hadn’t yet been crowned or whatever it is they do to Popes after they’re divinely selected.

If I can find it I’ll send it.

Lois

Posted: 20 March 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2012-10-27
Lois - 20 March 2013 10:41 AM
asanta - 19 March 2013 06:01 PM

Yes! I saw that picture and blurb, but it was actually a picture of Benedict.  Francis hadn’t yet been crowned or whatever it is they do to Popes after they’re divinely selected.

Lois

Here’s the text.  The photo won’t paste.  If anyone wants it, let me know and I’ll send it by email. 

Lois

The Pope, wearing a fabulous vintage chiffon-lined Dior gold lame gown
over a silk Vera Wang empire waist tulle cocktail dress,
accessorized with a three-foot House of Whoville hat and
the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in the Wizard of Oz, on his way to tell us it’s Wrong to be Gay.

Posted: 20 March 2013 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Lois - 20 March 2013 10:41 AM

Lois

Yes, I know it was ol’ Bennie, but it captured the whole ‘holey poopiness’ so very perfectly.

Signature 

Posted: 21 March 2013 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2007-10-22
GdB - 19 March 2013 11:31 PM

A reason to be interested in it could be that the Catholic church still is a power. What the pope says and does might (yes, might… I am not sure) have some influence on millions of Catholics. So even that I think the Catholic church is a silly irrational institution, I rather see a pope that cares more about people than about theology (at least compared to his predecessor).

Its not that I am not interested, but the ceromonies are being over reported to the exclusion of many other important events.  ie. New gov’t bieng formed in Isreal Kenya’s new Pres.  Sudan and S Sudan new agreement on oil.  Mexico’s reform of telecommunications and television regulations. etc.  Greenlands elections and how itm could affect the supplu of rare earths, etc.

Also I noticed, at least here locally that all the priests being interviewed are Americans either of Polish, Irish or Italian descent in spite of the many local priests foriegn born and none of those I have seen being interviewed have any Spainish speaking cultural background.

Signature 

Gary the Human

Posted: 21 March 2013 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  790
Joined  2012-04-25

A caller on a radio talk show I listen to had a good answer to this exact question: the TV coverage is in response to Fox/Righties constantly accusing the mainstream media of being secular, liberal, godless, etc.

Posted: 21 March 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2012-10-27
garythehuman - 21 March 2013 07:39 AM
GdB - 19 March 2013 11:31 PM

Good luck in finding one.  Francis is not it, I will guarantee it. He will soon make a pronouncement that proves he cares a whole lot more for theology Han any person. 

—Its not that I am not interested, but the ceromonies are being over reported to the exclusion of many other important events.  ie. New gov’t bieng formed in Isreal Kenya’s new Pres.  Sudan and S Sudan new agreement on oil.  Mexico’s reform of telecommunications and television regulations. etc.  Greenlands elections and how itm could affect the supplu of rare earths, etc.

Also I noticed, at least here locally that all the priests being interviewed are Americans either of Polish, Irish or Italian descent in spite of the many local priests foriegn born and none of those I have seen being interviewed have any Spainish speaking cultural background.

Well, since it’s actually the big Sky Daddy himself who is picking the Popes, he obviously has biases. Did anyone really think otherwise?

1 of 2