5 of 5
Same sex marriage
Posted: 03 April 2013 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

The Shocking news: “There are two kinds of marriage,” Ginsburg said. “Full marriage and the skim-milk marriage.”
Ginsburg derides skim milk!!!!! big surprise  LOL

I can’t believe that the marriage debate in the Supreme Court is using that old Marriage is about procreation idea, wasn’t that silly old idea done away with long ago?  The Court read that the Congress passed DOMA arguing that it was for the sake of morality?  I can’t believe how backwards the Congress still is!  The gays are immoral, huh?  I’m so surprised.  In a world of 7 billion people, do we really need more procreation?  How silly that they argue that children would be harmed by a single-sex marriage home, so what’s the alternative… foster care, foster care is better than a stable home for children?

Gays are just a normal part of society, a minority sure, but normal.  Anytime that you see in history that there are some anti-gay ideas, that is proof that there were gays in that society, someone saw the gays first and then reacted to them with anti-gay ideas, the anti-gay reaction is proof that there were gays in ancient societies through today’s societies.  Today the US Congress, the US Military, the Boy Scouts, the NFL, Rock ‘n’ Roll, NASA’s astronaut program, and all those many Pride parades in so many cities around the world are, at least in part, gay.

[ Edited: 03 April 2013 07:05 AM by jump_in_the_pit ]
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 03 April 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  157
Joined  2011-11-06
jump_in_the_pit - 03 April 2013 07:02 AM

How silly that they argue that children would be harmed by a single-sex marriage home, so what’s the alternative… foster care, foster care is better than a stable home for children?

I always cringe when I hear people ask or argue whether or not a single-sex parent home is harmful to children. I can’t believe that there are people who would try to stymie same-sex couples from adopting, as if being in foster care or remaining with their biological parents who do not want them and cannot properly care for them is a better alternative. If two people are in a loving and committed relationship and are stable enough financially to support children who otherwise would grow up in the street, I can’t believe people would try to stop that.

Posted: 03 April 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2007-10-05
FinallyDecided - 03 April 2013 07:14 AM
jump_in_the_pit - 03 April 2013 07:02 AM

How silly that they argue that children would be harmed by a single-sex marriage home, so what’s the alternative… foster care, foster care is better than a stable home for children?

I always cringe when I hear people ask or argue whether or not a single-sex parent home is harmful to children. I can’t believe that there are people who would try to stymie same-sex couples from adopting, as if being in foster care or remaining with their biological parents who do not want them and cannot properly care for them is a better alternative. If two people are in a loving and committed relationship and are stable enough financially to support children who otherwise would grow up in the street, I can’t believe people would try to stop that.

People oppose same-sex couples adopting because of ignorance and/or religious ideology.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-04-29

Same sex marriage should be illegal, Marriage in every society and religion is the union of man and a woman. God makes the laws in the Bible, people make the laws in the world. I am really disagree with the same sex marriage.

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2007-10-05
prestonisidore - 02 May 2013 05:13 PM

Same sex marriage should be illegal, Marriage in every society and religion is the union of man and a woman. God makes the laws in the Bible, people make the laws in the world. I am really disagree with the same sex marriage.

By what ethical theory do you oppose same-sex marriage?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 02 May 2013 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Total Posts:  3134
Joined  2011-08-15

Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-04-29

Sorry bucko but man made them both. and in that vein one could discuss which culture should be allowed to make laws for us, a modern culture tackling current issues or a bronze age culture rife with ancient prejudices and social pressures no longer revelant. If the latter, then most of us on this forum would already have been stoned to death for blasphemy and apostasy. Also, this is a country whose laws are not tied to any religious dogma therefore your argument is moot as your prejudice against same sex marriage is solely based on the xtian bible (I presume).

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 02 May 2013 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11
prestonisidore - 02 May 2013 05:13 PM

The bible made slavery, stoning your bride if she is not a virgin on your wedding night, multiple wives, incestuous relations, murder for making fun of someone’s baldness, raping virgins, stoning for picking up sticks on Saturday and wearing clothing of mixed fabrics. Also, eating shrimp, crab and lobster would be illegal. How many of these rules do you follow?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 May 2013 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Same sex marriage should be illegal, Marriage in every society and religion is the union of man and a woman.

Keep your silly superstition out of my genitals, out of my bedroom, and out of my life.

God makes the laws in the Bible

God either does not exist of she doesn’t care, and has no reason to. And the Bible was written by humans. No gods involved anywhere. (Although the contrary claim makes a hell of a sales pitch.)

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

5 of 5