3 of 3
News Flash: WUWT’s Anthony Watts claims all Christians believe Bible 100% Inerrant
Posted: 22 April 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3796
Joined  2010-08-15

Bryan,
I posted something at the “Philosophy” board… I’d be curious of your thoughts

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 24 April 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

CC:

Here’s a good first stumbling block, because to me a Biblical inerrantist is exactly like a wooden-disconnected from life-literalist

IMO these “Bible inerrantist’s” are doing nothing but insulting one of the great basic collections of documents in Western society.  They are doing nothing but perverting it to support their own narrow-minded positions and often their hatred of other humans who don’t live by their narrow and misguided positions.  They refuse to study its history, its origins and the used it has been put to. These people only seem to accept the idea of sinners being stoned for their sins and not the forgiveness that is the basis of the the Bible’s long term power.

The God they are creating is the vengeful one not the loving one.  According to their own precepts it appears their Devil has won with them.  (Yea, I grew up as a Baptist and can preach like one at times.  mad )

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 26 April 2013 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  3796
Joined  2010-08-15
garythehuman - 24 April 2013 09:59 AM

CC:

Here’s a good first stumbling block, because to me a Biblical inerrantist is exactly like a wooden-disconnected from life-literalist

IMO these “Bible inerrantist’s” are doing nothing but insulting one of the great basic collections of documents in Western society.  They are doing nothing but perverting it to support their own narrow-minded positions and often their hatred of other humans who don’t live by their narrow and misguided positions.  They refuse to study its history, its origins and the used it has been put to. These people only seem to accept the idea of sinners being stoned for their sins and not the forgiveness that is the basis of the the Bible’s long term power.

The God they are creating is the vengeful one not the loving one.  According to their own precepts it appears their Devil has won with them.  (Yea, I grew up as a Baptist and can preach like one at times.  mad )

Hmmm,

If we are now talking about the Bible as a great book… well, that’s what they keep telling me.
All I know for sure is every time I open it randomly, and do some reading (I’ve done it many times), I’m put off, sometimes appalled, only very occasionally impressed.
So fine, it’s got a value - if you insist - but not anywhere near Earth Sciences, or Climatology, or any of that serious discussion. 

Want to do something useful with the Bible, use it to help the masses of people pull their collective heads out of their willfully ignorance steadfastly oblivious asses and start getting real about what we are doing to our children’s physical world !  angry

[ Edited: 26 April 2013 08:31 PM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 29 April 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

CC

What I am refering to is that is the single collection of books that had the greatest influence on Western Society.  If you study it as a historical document and see how it was applied to being various groups of people together either to support the cirrent elities or to oppose them I think you will be pursuing one of the most important studies in political history.  Look at it various components as political tracts, not the word of any god and explore the conditions surrounding their orgination and later use.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 30 April 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-04-29

I do believe that all christian believe in bible, but not all have a strong faith in Jesus Christ. Now a days, there been a lot of religion out there in the world and they believe in bible. The religion is not important cause religion cant save us, its our faith in him.

3 of 3