3 of 6
Unfair legal system?
Posted: 10 May 2013 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  817
Joined  2012-04-25
VYAZMA - 09 May 2013 11:14 AM

Are the moderators too blind to see obvious racism coming from George and Cussbert?
Hello?

Just a few posts before yours I wrote this: “I guess one of the reasons I started this thread is because I hate discrimination of ANY KIND. And what I often (not always but often) see is a sort of double standard. Somehow it’s “the white criminals have it coming to them”, but “the black guys are just victims of racism”.  If we’re against racism, then we have to be against ALL of it, including so-called reverse-discrimination.”

Tell me how you go from that statement to “obvious racism”?  The only thing I can think of is you haven’t mastered English yet so somehow you’re innocently missing the meaning of sentences. (And no that’s not a racist comment. I speak a tiny bit of German, and if I were on a german forum I’d expect to misunderstand a fair amount of what was being posted.)

Posted: 10 May 2013 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14

Cuthbert-Somehow it’s “the white criminals have it coming to them”, but “the black guys are just victims of racism”

This is good for starters….where is this written?  Where did you get these facts?
Let’s discuss the “somehow” factor. I am interested in what “somehow” even means.
Usually when people say “somehow” it implies “it came out of thin air” or “I don’t know”.
As in….“This car just somehow showed up in my driveway.”

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 11 May 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
George - 09 May 2013 04:26 AM
StephenLawrence - 09 May 2013 12:06 AM
George - 08 May 2013 04:35 PM

Of course it is well documented fact that blacks commit more crime than whites.

Aren’t the issues whether more blacks are wrongly convicted than whites and whether the sentences for like crimes are unfairly different?

Stephen

They could be, but I doubt it. If the crime rate of Jamaica was lower or the same as that of Uruguay, I would be suspecious of racism playing a major role in the US legal system.

VYAZMA-Obviously they are refuting the grander theme here.  Which is perfect for them…they can fall back and deny having provided any questionable evidence themselves.
All the while using petty little tricks to plant suggestion.

Above is a little quote of mine I copied and pasted here.  I used it in the Twin Towers thread to show the techniques conspiracy theorists use.
It works equally well when dealing with Race Baiters.
Jamaica has the 49th densest population in the world. 656 people per sq. mile.
The per capita GDP is $5402

Uruguay has the 196th most densest population in the world. 48 people per sq. mile.
The per capita GDP is $16,607.
Now George, I beg you to argue that these are not major contributors to crime rates!  Please humor me.

Or maybe Blacks have inferior genes like you have suggested in the past…you racist!

[ Edited: 11 May 2013 12:59 PM by VYAZMA ]
 Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 11 May 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Hmm, I wouldn’t call them inferior. Maybe adapted to more violent behaviour? And speaking of genes, they seem to be doing just fine. After all, their fertility is much higher than Uruguay’s.

Posted: 11 May 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
George - 11 May 2013 01:03 PM

Hmm, I wouldn’t call them inferior. Maybe adapted to more violent behaviour? And speaking of genes, they seem to be doing just fine. After all, their fertility is much higher than Uruguay’s.

Excellent! LOL  Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

And your theory regarding population density is nonsense not worth replying to. Sorry.

Posted: 11 May 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  2011-11-04

High population density would likely set the stage for more opportunities for criminal behavior.  Also, it could provide greater stressors and competition for resources.  This could also set the stage for a higher incidence of criminal behavior.

As far as the original point in this thread, about white collar criminals in prison being mostly white rather than black, you would need to consider the percentage of persons of white collar status who are white vs. black, to make a relevant point as to whether incarceration rates are equitable.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 11 May 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I refuse to go down that rabbit hole after George again. It is a worse than useless exercise in futility. mad

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  817
Joined  2012-04-25

Maybe the moderators should close this thread. The kiddies here (VYAZMA and maybe George - unless he’s just playing devils advocate) evidently can’t seem to have an adult conversation about a serious topic.

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

FYI, Cuthbert, except for my post #29 I meant every word I said.

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
CuthbertJ - 14 May 2013 10:31 AM

Maybe the moderators should close this thread. The kiddies here (VYAZMA and maybe George - unless he’s just playing devils advocate) evidently can’t seem to have an adult conversation about a serious topic.

Cuthbert-You put too much on empirical evidence. We’re not necessarily dealing with purely physical systems here, like a chemist or a physicist would be. For example, there is a video of the owner of WTC7 saying to someone on a phone, shortly before WTC7 went down, to “pull it” (or whatever the phrase is in demolition parlance).  That in itself makes any conclusion about the building “just collapsing” suspicious. There are many many other examples, but there’s a whole thread on this. My point is, it’s easy to say “empirical evidence” as if there’s some super duper gold standard of what that is, but in reality things aren’t so clear cut.

What are you doing here?

Signature 

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
George - 14 May 2013 11:37 AM

FYI, Cuthbert, except for my post #29 I meant every word I said.

I can tell you from past experiences, he does….and those positions are intractable….to say the least.  shut eye

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 15 May 2013 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  2011-11-04

George is off base when he asserts that our criminal justice system is not biased against black males. 

Blacks account for 12% of the population, 14% of annual marijuana users, and 31% of marijuana possession arrests.

http://www.precinctreporter.com/community/inland-empire/186-marijuana-arrest-stats-according-to-race

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 15 May 2013 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
TimB - 15 May 2013 04:47 AM

Blacks account for 12% of the population, 14% of annual marijuana users, and 31% of marijuana possession arrests.

How does this prove that I am off base? You may as well say that the government is killing black babies since their infant mortality is higher than that of the white population. And the Jews must be cheating in chess since they have disproportionate number of chess masters.

Posted: 15 May 2013 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  2236
Joined  2007-04-26

With all this talk about an unfair legal system I think its important to point out this recent case of ageism in the legal system.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/15/police-bronx-man-charged-with-stealing-500-from-3-year-old-boy/

The grown man who stole $500 from the little kid is arrested while the sneaky little 3 year old who first stole the money from his mother’s purse gets off scott free. Where is the public outcry? How is that fair?

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

3 of 6