Crazy Ones
Posted: 12 May 2013 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3183
Joined  2011-11-04

That is the name of a new show that is going to be on CBS sometime this year.  It has been, at least, decades since I have enjoyed any situation comedies, other than cartoon versions.  But I will check this one out based on the star power alone.  It stars Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar as a father/daughter workplace team.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 12 May 2013 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
TimB - 12 May 2013 07:48 AM

That is the name of a new show that is going to be on CBS sometime this year.  It has been, at least, decades since I have enjoyed any situation comedies, other than cartoon versions.  But I will check this one out based on the star power alone.  It stars Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar as a father/daughter workplace team.

What are they working at?  They could be father/daughter evangelical preachers.  Well, maybe that could be funny, now that I think about it.

Lois

Posted: 12 May 2013 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

I guess we’ll see.  I just don’t recall ever seeing Robin Williams not be entertaining.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 12 May 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1397
Joined  2010-04-22

Wellllll, Patch Adams was pretty bad. But, maybe that was the horrible writing overshadowing his typical over-the-top performance.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 12 May 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
TromboneAndrew - 12 May 2013 08:55 AM

Wellllll, Patch Adams was pretty bad. But, maybe that was the horrible writing overshadowing his typical over-the-top performance.

I think “Patch Adams” tried to be a cross between dramatic and comedic.  Robin Williams is primarily a comedian, but despite that, he has most often done pretty well in movies that are purely dramatic, e.g., “Good Will Hunting” and “What Dreams May Come”.

Signature