2 of 2
Harold Camping Going Broke?
Posted: 03 June 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2011-11-06

Not to be crude, but isn’t Harold Camping almost 90 years old? So does it matter at this point? I am familiar with his ministry and heard those who plan to take over will lead the ministry in a less-radical, more traditional manner.

Posted: 03 June 2013 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02

Yes, he is at least 90, last I read.  Recently, he’s had some health issues too.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 June 2013 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2012-02-02
Mriana - 03 June 2013 09:10 PM

Yes, he is at least 90, last I read.  Recently, he’s had some health issues too.

91, to be exact, and he had a stroke two years ago.

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 03 June 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2011-11-06

I am an ex-Christian and used to be a faithful adherent to Camping’s ministry. Back when he was adamantly predicting the end of the world, I called his ministry to order a book he wrote about end times and I asked the phone rep if she personally agreed with Camping and she openly admitted there are staff within the ministry who do not agree with everything Camping preaches. She said there are differing views among staff, surprisingly—I really wasn’t expecting her to answer the question.

2 of 2