16 of 16
Einstein was Wrong: My Theory of Relativity
Posted: 24 September 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4749
Joined  2007-10-05

Go back and read the thread, Stephen. We engaged the thought experiment early on and explained its flaws, including Scott’s use of Newtonian physics to examine relativistic concepts.

If you really were trying to change his mind with your approach that was stupid, but of course you weren’t for a moment and nor was GdB.

Awfully presumptuous of you to tell me how I think, but I expect no less from you.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 24 September 2013 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
Total Posts:  4447
Joined  2008-08-14
StephenLawrence - 24 September 2013 01:18 PM
Occam. - 04 September 2013 10:19 AM

And Doug is still the Administrator.  He’s smart enough not to waste his time getting involved in minor issues.  (unlike me LOL )

Occam

This is a serious issue Occam, I just hope Scott is OK.

Stephen

Jeez Stephen.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 24 September 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Unfortunately, Stephen, both Darron and GdB have a far greater understanding of both the technical and interpersonal aspects of this thread than you have shown. 

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 25 September 2013 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Total Posts:  4455
Joined  2007-08-31
StephenLawrence - 24 September 2013 01:25 PM

If you wanted to do that you would have engaged with the thought experiment Scott started with.

We did, Stephen, just read through the thread. Physicists on scienceforums.net did. But Scott in his hubris never accepted one single argument, and reacted just with nonsense.

But of course the first reaction is ‘what does Scott think that he can find an error in one of the best established theories in physics?’ Do you suggest that ‘t Hooft is wrong that you first should learn physics?

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

16 of 16