2 of 2
Discussion Forums
Posted: 19 August 2013 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2013-08-16
Scott Mayers - 13 August 2013 03:34 AM

That’s what Twitter’s for.

You limit the way people speak, you limit your ability to complain if you’re misunderstood. I make no apologies for longer explanations. I too chose to ignore some when I want to. It doesn’t invalidate what they have to say. And my freedom to do either doesn’t make me any more or less intelligent.

I happen to strongly agree with these points, that Scott made as well as others in addition to the “quote.” If you want to bleep 140 characters or less and/or tie in a number of web links; that you would rather have other people read, then speak your own mind or post your own opening opinion on the topic within your original post, then a forum is not the place for you. A forum is a place for thoughts, ideas, and discussions without limitations, free speech ~right!

While I am new here, I am not new to forums of any form or topic. I personally enjoy reading through threads where others commit their own ideas and thoughts (this is what brought me here,) rather than base ideas on what others research or by posting links and asking others how they feel about this. Mine as well have a discussion about Politics, just before you go that direction please make sure to mention whether the topic is liberal or conservative, so we can plan our responses ahead of time. I am certainly not going to apologize to anyone about what I write and if I do not add a paragraph to my post, then it is unfortunate for you to have skipped over it.

Signature 
[URL=http://s298.photobucket.com/user/ScottyBeGood/media/15100.gif.html][IMG]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm272/ScottyBeGood/15100.gif[/IMG][/URL] 

Posted: 26 August 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2007-10-22

Occam:

to translate one or two simple ideas into hundreds and hundreds of words of babble,

It’s possible that this is the result of having to write lengthy papers while going to school.  i.e. each of my sociology courses when I first went to college required a 25 page paper.  confused

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2010-11-21
There_Is_No_Spoon - 19 August 2013 10:41 PM
Scott Mayers - 13 August 2013 03:34 AM

That’s what Twitter’s for.

You limit the way people speak, you limit your ability to complain if you’re misunderstood. I make no apologies for longer explanations. I too chose to ignore some when I want to. It doesn’t invalidate what they have to say. And my freedom to do either doesn’t make me any more or less intelligent.

I happen to strongly agree with these points, that Scott made as well as others in addition to the “quote.” If you want to bleep 140 characters or less and/or tie in a number of web links; that you would rather have other people read, then speak your own mind or post your own opening opinion on the topic within your original post, then a forum is not the place for you. A forum is a place for thoughts, ideas, and discussions without limitations, free speech ~right!

While I am new here, I am not new to forums of any form or topic. I personally enjoy reading through threads where others commit their own ideas and thoughts (this is what brought me here,) rather than base ideas on what others research or by posting links and asking others how they feel about this. Mine as well have a discussion about Politics, just before you go that direction please make sure to mention whether the topic is liberal or conservative, so we can plan our responses ahead of time. I am certainly not going to apologize to anyone about what I write and if I do not add a paragraph to my post, then it is unfortunate for you to have skipped over it.

Thanks for this, Spoon.

Signature 

I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

2 of 2

‹‹ Religious nonsense      Sideline for Dawkins? ››