6 of 6
Major Accusations
Posted: 31 August 2013 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-04-24
Lois - 24 August 2013 09:05 PM

At the same time he should realize that if she gets pregnant anyway, he has to pay, legally and morally. There is no moral or legal way around this, sexual harrassment or not.  A man should never have sex with a woman unless he knows and accepts this particular fact of life.

If all things were equal, it could be deemed to be “not fair.”  but there are a lot of things in life that are not fair. It’s the way our society works that a father has to be sure his progeny are taken care of—even if—and especially if, he thinks he should be off the hook if he can claim she tricked him. There is an innocent child to consider, and that takes precedence in our society.

Lois

The child can be disposed of in one way or another.

An example of this is that many young men in my generation don’t take responsibility for fatherhood; often the girl’s parents will take responsibility financially, and the girl will just date whatever guy will put up with her having had a baby. The father might have enough contact with his scion to be considered a worthless relative, but I guess if the girl doesn’t care, then most guys won’t be bothered.

Basically, the attitudes towards family and responsibility that you’ve described are dying out.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 31 August 2013 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-04-24
Occam. - 25 August 2013 12:37 PM

Old story (before DNA testing), but I enjoyed it.  A woman in Sweden took a guy to court for child support.  Being a wise-ass, he got five of his friends to testify that they had also had sex with the woman.  The judge’s verdict:  “Since we can’t tell who’s the father, she is a very lucky child because I order each of the six of you to pay child support.”

Occam

Those men emigrated to Minnesota. LOL

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 31 August 2013 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I only caught the last bit of this report, but in either India or Pakistan, the court found one of the guys who committed the gang rape and murder last year guilty.  And he got a nasty, nasty sentence—three years.  snake

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

6 of 6

‹‹ Sideline for Dawkins?      England ››