2 of 2
Truth for youth!
Posted: 20 May 2007 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

I like how they say “absolute truth.”

If truth can be depressing…
Then the absolute truth must be absolutely depressing.

Since they wouldn’t be able to sell this if it were that depressing, than it therefore must not be the absolute truth…

Ok… so maybe my logic is flawed… but it gave me momentary amusement.

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED

Posted: 27 May 2007 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-27

I was most appalled by the comic about evolution. Not only did the writer mock the theory, but he mocked those who believe it, calling them irrational, ignorant, and unwilling to examine the facts. It’s almost as if he’d described those who don’t believe evolution.

Posted: 12 June 2007 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-01-09
KaPS - 27 May 2007 11:45 PM

I was most appalled by the comic about evolution. Not only did the writer mock the theory, but he mocked those who believe it, calling them irrational, ignorant, and unwilling to examine the facts. It’s almost as if he’d described those who don’t believe evolution.

It’s amazing how irony can be lost on people alright. smile

Posted: 12 June 2007 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I.A., I’m guessing that KaPS was referring to the original website.  If so, I don’t think Todd Ministries was motivated by irony.  If he was referring to the post which said the poster would be hooked by the color comics, you would be correct.

Occam

Posted: 12 June 2007 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

It’s amazing how they misuse the word “truth”.  Then again, they similarly misuse the word “theory”.

The only way that the religious can spread the “truth” is through indoctrination.  That is the real meaning of “evangelical”. 

Does anyone know what the rationale is for weighing down military transport planes with thousands of pounds of religious doctrine?

One word: indoctrination.  And I’m sure this form of strategery is endorsed by the Bush administration.  Maybe that explains why we’re there?

They say there are no atheists in foxholes. 

That’s probably because they’re just not as pugnacious.

2 of 2