1 of 2
I am a skeptic too
Posted: 05 October 2013 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2013-10-05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvB2cgy7loA
The problem is I am a skeptic that has seen things an done things that I can not explain.
You can listen to a summery shared with Mel Fabrigas on his radio show that is about 30 minutes long.
I would love for someone to let me know how to understand what has happened to me.
walt

Posted: 11 October 2013 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

This video isn’t playing on my computer.  Can you tell us about it?  Or more important, if you’re a “skeptic”, why did you go to a program like this?

Posted: 11 October 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
walt willis - 05 October 2013 12:08 PM

I would love for someone to let me know how to understand what has happened to me.

As Spock would say, “No analysis due to insufficient information.” But if Kirk insisted that I speculate, I would probably say that schizophrenia could be a plausible explanation.

Posted: 11 October 2013 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
George - 11 October 2013 11:48 AM
walt willis - 05 October 2013 12:08 PM

As Spock would say, “No analysis due to insufficient information.” But if Kirk insisted that I speculate, I would probably say that schizophrenia could be a plausible explanation.

I wish that were the case, but I got a score of 90% on my police Psychological exam. How did you do?

Posted: 11 October 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2012-09-14

I havent seen the video yet so I cant really comment.

But it is interesting to see this article by psychology today
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-brain-food/201008/what-is-hallucination

Signature 

Say: He is God, the Unique.
God, the Self-Sufficient.
He does not give birth, nor was He born.
And there is none equal to Him.

Quran (112: 1-4)

Posted: 11 October 2013 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
advocatus - 11 October 2013 09:57 AM

This video isn’t playing on my computer.  Can you tell us about it?  Or more important, if you’re a “skeptic”, why did you go to a program like this?

To let you know that even a skeptic can question things that do not make good sense. 
After seeing with my own two eyes aliens I still find it hard to believe they are real.
Ask yourself what you would do if you saw an alien up close…

Posted: 11 October 2013 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
I.J. Abdul Hakeem - 11 October 2013 01:56 PM

I havent seen the video yet so I cant really comment.

But it is interesting to see this article by psychology today
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-brain-food/201008/what-is-hallucination

So, why do you comment before you listen?
I would like to have a skeptic listen to my report and then comment.
I’m still looking for someone to explain to me what I saw.

Posted: 11 October 2013 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05

This forum group must have a person in it that can explain away the things I saw.
The psychological or drug problem explanations failed the test in my humble opinion.
As a true skeptic myself I can assure you that I did not want to believe aliens were real.
Many other folks have reported seeing them as well that are respected members of the police and military.
As a trained observer pilot for the US air force, working for the DEA I was able to spot drugs being grown from the air with great success.
Please try to do better then to suggest it was a delusional experience.

Posted: 12 October 2013 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24
walt willis - 11 October 2013 02:59 PM

This forum group must have a person in it that can explain away the things I saw.
The psychological or drug problem explanations failed the test in my humble opinion.
As a true skeptic myself I can assure you that I did not want to believe aliens were real.
Many other folks have reported seeing them as well that are respected members of the police and military.
As a trained observer pilot for the US air force, working for the DEA I was able to spot drugs being grown from the air with great success.

Perhaps, you’re not as much of a skeptic as you think.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 12 October 2013 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
mid atlantic - 12 October 2013 03:46 AM

Open mind or empty head?

Are you a True Skeptic or a Pseudo Skeptic?
True Skeptics / Open-Minded Skeptics
Able to adapt and update their beliefs to new evidence and does not resist new information
Asks questions to try to understand new things and are open to learning about them
Applies critical examination and inquiry to all sides, including their own
Are nonjudgmental and do not jump to rash conclusions
Seeks the truth and considers it the highest aim, unafraid to challenge the status quo
Does not consider the official version of anything to be infallible and above examination
Thinks in terms of possibilities rather than in terms of rigidity and limitations
Fairly and objectively weighs evidence on all sides
Acknowledges valid convincing evidence rather than ignoring or denying it
Possess solid sharp common sense and objective reasoning
When all mundane explanations for a phenomenon are ruled out, are able to accept paranormal ones
Urges others to think for themselves rather than adopting fixed beliefs of organizations and institutions

Pseudoskeptics / Closed-Minded Skeptics
Holds fixed belief systems that are resistant to change and denies data which doesn’t fit into them
Does not ask big questions to try to understand things, but judges them by whether they fit into their fixed beliefs
Applies “critical thinking” only to that which opposes their beliefs and the status quo, but never to the status quo itself
Carries a fixed set of rigid beliefs and denies everything outside of it without investigation
Are not interested in truth, evidence or facts, only in defending their views
Unable to challenge or apply skepticism to the status quo, establishment, or official version of anything
Considers the official version of things to be infallible and above examination
Unable to accept mysteries and uncertainty, cannot think in terms of possibilities
Scoffs and ridicules anything outside their narrow and rigid paradigm
Insists that everything unknown and unexplained must have a conventional mundane explanation
Uses semantics and word games with their own rules of logic to try to win arguments
When all mundane explanations for a phenomenon are ruled out, will still insist on them
Does not encourage you to think for yourself, but preaches you to adopt the position of the establishment on every subject
Denies all the above PseudoSkeptic traits, yet DOES them all and holds none of the traits of True Skeptics listed above

Posted: 13 October 2013 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24
walt willis - 12 October 2013 07:55 AM

Open mind or empty head?

Able to adapt and update their beliefs to new evidence and does not resist new information
Asks questions to try to understand new things and are open to learning about them
Seeks the truth and considers it the highest aim, unafraid to challenge the status quo
Does not consider the official version of anything to be infallible and above examination
Thinks in terms of possibilities rather than in terms of rigidity and limitations
When all mundane explanations for a phenomenon are ruled out, are able to accept paranormal ones
Urges others to think for themselves rather than adopting fixed beliefs of organizations and institutions

Holds fixed belief systems that are resistant to change and denies data which doesn’t fit into them
Does not ask big questions to try to understand things, but judges them by whether they fit into their fixed beliefs
Applies “critical thinking” only to that which opposes their beliefs and the status quo, but never to the status quo itself
Carries a fixed set of rigid beliefs and denies everything outside of it without investigation
Unable to challenge or apply skepticism to the status quo, establishment, or official version of anything
Unable to accept mysteries and uncertainty, cannot think in terms of possibilities
Insists that everything unknown and unexplained must have a conventional mundane explanation
Uses semantics and word games with their own rules of logic to try to win arguments
When all mundane explanations for a phenomenon are ruled out, will still insist on them
Does not encourage you to think for yourself, but preaches you to adopt the position of the establishment on every subject
Denies all the above PseudoSkeptic traits, yet DOES them all and holds none of the traits of True Skeptics listed above

Well, I’m so put in my place by this response.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 13 October 2013 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
mid atlantic - 13 October 2013 03:35 AM
walt willis - 12 October 2013 07:55 AM

Open mind or empty head?

Well, I’m so put in my place by this response.

The diagnosis is the first step to finding a cure for your car or yourself. Welcome to my world of true skeptics searching for the fact, and just the facts where ever they take us.
The point is that we don’t know what we don’t know!

My observation of the incredible begs for answers so I can sleep better at night.

There must be someone here that could shed some light as to what I saw as a child. I have already been traumatized so I don’t need blind uninformed critics suggesting meds may be my best help.

As a true skeptic looking for answers I may have come to the wrong place.

Posted: 13 October 2013 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22

Well, statistically it’s true that people who see aliens have either hallucinated the experience or have been deceived by false memories. When the odds favor that explanation, it’s reasonable to look at those possibilities first. Either hallucination or false memories does NOT guarantee a schizophrenia diagnosis. We all hallucinate and have false memories from time to time; that’s just part of how the brain works, and I understand that it’s more likely to happen during emotionally traumatic times in one’s life.

It’s unlikely, but possible, that you saw aliens that really were there. But, any alien would very likely be completely unlike any earth-like creature. That means non-bipedal, no head with all of our organs in it, and in general a completely different body plan shaped by a completely independent evolutionary process. We also know that interstellar space travel is incredibly energy-intensive, and because of the cost to travel between stars, there’s no feasible reason why any alien civilization, if they were to visit Earth, would do so with the express goal of remaining secretive to the entire population except for some selected lucky Earthlings, and then them only under controlled circumstances so the alien existence cannot be proven.

I understand that there’s a convention out there for people who have seen aliens. You might want to go check it out sometime, to meet others who have had a similar experience.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 13 October 2013 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

The chances that you were actually abducted by aliens as opposed to hallucinating for whatever reason are very minimal. It’s a simple math: we have zero evidence for aliens ever visiting our planet, whereas hallucination is not all that uncommon.

Posted: 13 October 2013 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
TromboneAndrew - 13 October 2013 08:20 AM

Well, statistically it’s true that people who see aliens have either hallucinated the experience or have been deceived by false memories. When the odds favor that explanation, it’s reasonable to look at those possibilities first. Either hallucination or false memories does NOT guarantee a schizophrenia diagnosis. We all hallucinate and have false memories from time to time; that’s just part of how the brain works, and I understand that it’s more likely to happen during emotionally traumatic times in one’s life.

It’s unlikely, but possible, that you saw aliens that really were there. But, any alien would very likely be completely unlike any earth-like creature. That means non-bipedal, no head with all of our organs in it, and in general a completely different body plan shaped by a completely independent evolutionary process. We also know that interstellar space travel is incredibly energy-intensive, and because of the cost to travel between stars, there’s no feasible reason why any alien civilization, if they were to visit Earth, would do so with the express goal of remaining secretive to the entire population except for some selected lucky Earthlings, and then them only under controlled circumstances so the alien existence cannot be proven.

I understand that there’s a convention out there for people who have seen aliens. You might want to go check it out sometime, to meet others who have had a similar experience.

You seem to have come to many conclusions without the benefit of using your ears to listen with objectivity.

“It’s unlikely, but possible, that you saw aliens that really were there.”

It may be “unlikely” to you and others that wish to live within a safe world.

”But, any alien would very likely be completely unlike any earth-like
creature.”

Really? And you come to this conclusion based on things you have or have not seen?

“That means non-bipedal, no head with all of our organs in it, and in general a completely different body plan shaped by a completely independent evolutionary process.”

And once again with you’re vast and varied general fund of knowledge you speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth that we should all accept without question?

“We also know that interstellar space travel is incredibly energy-intensive, and because of the cost to travel between stars.”

Again you have made a statement presented as factual proof without referencing all scientific data available. 

“There’s no feasible reason why any alien civilization, if they were to visit Earth, would do so with the express goal of remaining secretive to the entire population except for some selected lucky Earthlings.”

You may assume as you wish, but where is your proof of your profound assertions?

“Then those only under controlled circumstances so the alien existence cannot be proven.”

LUCKY”, I would hardly call being abducted by aliens being “Lucky.

”I understand that there’s a convention out there for people who have seen aliens. You might want to go check it out sometime, to meet others who have had a similar experience.”

Your left handed suggestion to take a hike to hell and meet others like myself will not win points with me. May I suggest that you give another listen to the reported interview to Mel Fabregas and pay closer attention to the warning given to the closed minded folks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvB2cgy7loA
It is only 31 minutes long and you may benefit or suffer from it’s content at your own risk!
Good LUCK?

Posted: 13 October 2013 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-05
George - 13 October 2013 08:24 AM

The chances that you were actually abducted by aliens as opposed to hallucinating for whatever reason are very minimal. It’s a simple math: we have zero evidence for aliens ever visiting our planet, whereas hallucination is not all that uncommon.

“The “Probability” that you were actually abducted by aliens as opposed to hallucinating for whatever reason is very minimal.”

“It’s simple math that we have zero evidence for aliens ever visiting our planet, whereas the probability of having hallucinations is not all that uncommon.”

Please forgive my taking artistic liberties with your statement…

If we are speaking of the law of probabilities you are correct, however if the earth has been without any black swans according to the scientific community, why should we look outside the box for them?

We could all just not listen to the claims that there are black swans in Australia and go about our merry way and be happy.

True scientific inquiry was ignored after Immanuel Velikovsky wrote his book called “Worlds in Collision” back in 1950.

You, being a person that is well read surly must have read his book? I hope I am not wasting my time with the unwashed of the world!

1 of 2