2 of 5
Science can be corrupted
Posted: 19 October 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4805
Joined  2007-10-05
sine dues - 19 October 2013 10:20 AM

Ah yes, climate science is a perfect example of science bordering on religion…...for example…...just try questioning anything about scary agw and you will risk censure or worse ....maybe burned at the stake for heretical thoughts !

I see the denialist machine still has its acolytes.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 21 October 2013 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-07-25

I see your eyes are partially open…...please let the sunshine of reason warm you…...it is comforting to see the focus move away from global warming to ‘climate change’ good one. Move the goal posts… deny ever saying it, make excuses for faulty models and ask for more more more money to save mankind…...Climate science at the present time.

Posted: 21 October 2013 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

How much are the energy companies paying you to spread lies?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 21 October 2013 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

Hello Darron, typical climate change zealot response….
How about….how much is the I.P.C.C.  paying you to attack climate change deniers….?

Posted: 21 October 2013 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  6098
Joined  2006-12-20

The trouble with denialism is it’s an extreme form of skepticism. Rather than useful skepticism which is a helpful way of knowing through doubting without sufficient evidence, it allows the denier to doubt even sufficient evidence against their belief and so allowing them to believe anything they feel like.

Posted: 21 October 2013 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
StephenLawrence - 21 October 2013 07:32 AM

The trouble with denialism is it’s an extreme form of skepticism. Rather than useful skepticism which is a helpful way of knowing through doubting without sufficient evidence, it allows the denier to doubt even sufficient evidence against their belief and so allowing them to believe anything they feel like.

You’re 100 percent correct, Stephen. The debate is over. Only someone who is willfully ignorant or lying can deny climate change at this point.

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
DarronS - 21 October 2013 07:53 AM
StephenLawrence - 21 October 2013 07:32 AM

You’re 100 percent correct, Stephen. The debate is over. Only someone who is willfully ignorant or lying can deny climate change at this point.

Most climate change deniers are not actually denying the reality of climate change. Most accept that there is change. Where we part company is in whether negative change is caused by human activity and whether humans can do anything to avert climatic catastrophe, or even that catastrophe is likely. Many climate change deniers are laissez-faire capitalists who don’t want to accept that untrammelled capitalism can have any climatic affects and don’t want to be told they should rethink their capitalistic drive.

Lois

Posted: 21 October 2013 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
Lois - 21 October 2013 11:58 AM

Most climate change deniers are not actually denying the reality of climate change. Most accept that there is change. Where we part company is in whether negative change is caused by human activity and whether humans can do anything to avert climatic catastrophe, or even that catastrophe is likely. Many climate change deniers are laissez-faire capitalists who don’t want to accept that untrammelled capitalism can have any climatic affects and don’t want to be told they should rethink their capitalistic drive.

Lois

Good points, Lois. My comment applies to that thinking too. Anyone who doubts mankind is driving climate change is not paying attention (willfully ignorant) or lying (the energy-company funded think tanks).

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2013 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

“Good points, Lois. My comment applies to that thinking too. Anyone who doubts mankind is driving climate change is not paying attention (willfully ignorant) or lying (the energy-company funded think tanks). “
I don’t mind if you give your opinion but when you state it as if it is a binary choice only….. you are wrong. I am certain that there exists many more possible reasons for the type of ’ thinking’ that you are talking about and yet you state it as if there are only two choices…..invalid argument.

Posted: 22 October 2013 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

So what is the third choice, SD? Watching Fox News?

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2013 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
sine dues - 22 October 2013 05:50 AM

“Good points, Lois. My comment applies to that thinking too. Anyone who doubts mankind is driving climate change is not paying attention (willfully ignorant) or lying (the energy-company funded think tanks). “
I don’t mind if you give your opinion but when you state it as if it is a binary choice only….. you are wrong. I am certain that there exists many more possible reasons for the type of ’ thinking’ that you are talking about and yet you state it as if there are only two choices…..invalid argument.

If you read and understood my post you would not make such a ridiculous response.  I never implied it was a binary choice, you did. I said many climate change deniers think that way. What’s binary about that?

Posted: 22 October 2013 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

Lois- I was referring to darrons’s statement…not yours. I think that you can clearly see he made his point with only two choices….why only two ?
there may well be 341 other reasons for ‘doubting mankind is driving climate change’.

Posted: 22 October 2013 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

DarronS- I don’t deny climate change !  I deny anthropogenic global warming. It is not happening. I don’t accept that CO2 is driving the temperatures up.

Posted: 22 October 2013 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
sine dues - 22 October 2013 02:40 PM

DarronS- I don’t deny climate change !  I deny anthropogenic global warming. It is not happening. I don’t accept that CO2 is driving the temperatures up.

Why do you deny something 97 percent of professional climatologists agree on?

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2013 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  6098
Joined  2006-12-20
sine dues - 22 October 2013 02:40 PM

I deny anthropogenic global warming. It is not happening. I don’t accept that CO2 is driving the temperatures up.

But even without data we know that’s the influence CO2 has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

The greenhouse effect is a process by which thermal radiation from a planetary surface is absorbed by atmospheric greenhouse gases, and is re-radiated in all directions. Since part of this re-radiation is back towards the surface and the lower atmosphere, it results in an elevation of the average surface temperature above what it would be in the absence of the gases.[1][2]

So it’s really odd that you would deny it. Do you think something else is counteracting the greenhouse effect or what?

2 of 5