Bullying. The destruction of a human being.
Posted: 17 October 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2013-09-18

What is to be done with people like this, who out of sheer disdain harass a fellow human being to death.

http://mashable.com/2013/10/15/bullying-teen-brags-facebook/

Posted: 17 October 2013 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2013-08-29

This kind of stuff gets me very upset as well. Bullying has always been around, but I think today, with the presence of the internet, it can be way, way worse than it once was when it ended the moment you left the schoolyard. Today it can be there 24/7, even in your home. I don’t even wanna imagine it. It must be horrible, torturous.

I don’t know what to do about the bullies, but I think it’s a good thing people, parents and students / kids, are educated about it. Anderson Cooper once had an excellent hour-long program on it, and there’s a movie called “Bully” (not sure) they showed openly here in my neighborhood. I think that was very commendable.

Internet bullying is out in the open, so the talk about it should be too. The more people know about each other, the less likely they form false ideas about each other. All I can think of, as with most things, is education; educating people about its presence and reality. The rest will result from there and by itself I think.

P.S. That the bullying of today IS worse is confirmed by the suicides. There have been quite a few. I’m not familiar with law and how guilt is determined, but on plain view, this kind of bullying is murder. Where the responsibilities lie I can’t judge, but without looking at the persons involved, the act of bullying killed.

Signature 

“Metaphysical speculation is an expression of poetic illusion.”

Posted: 18 October 2013 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2581
Joined  2011-04-24

The mean girl says she DGAF about the other girls death….. that’s cold, but not surprising.

Nothing can be done to stop it though, in most of these cases it seems to be a Sado-Masochistic relationship.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 18 October 2013 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2581
Joined  2011-04-24
Michelle D. - 17 October 2013 07:07 PM

P.S. That the bullying of today IS worse is confirmed by the suicides. There have been quite a few. I’m not familiar with law and how guilt is determined, but on plain view, this kind of bullying is murder. Where the responsibilities lie I can’t judge, but without looking at the persons involved, the act of bullying killed.

It’s damn near impossible that this girl will get charged with murder.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.