6 of 6
Friend believes in a higher power that created all this…
Posted: 25 October 2013 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1480
Joined  2009-10-21
GdB - 25 October 2013 03:32 AM
Write4U - 25 October 2013 02:07 AM

I do find it curious that God must have changed his mind and is breaking his promise of “never judging the earth with another great flood”. Seems that we are well under way to another one. I wonder what will come first, the Rapture or the next great flood. But I did see a rainbow the other day, so I am not going to worry about it.

That is a part of what I am worrying about with fundamentalist Christians. Because of the rainbow they might think that God never will allow a global disaster anymore. So there is no need to do anything against global warming.

Or just about anything that needs attention down here on earth. I first (edit: SAW) comments online that go on about how some heathen is screwing up the planet, then conclude with “well, that’s just a sign of the end times, so I guess it’s fine, I’ll be in heaven soon.” When I started hearing that from people around me, then I really started getting worried.

[ Edited: 25 October 2013 10:32 AM by Lausten ]

Posted: 25 October 2013 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  6167
Joined  2009-02-26
Lausten - 25 October 2013 04:36 AM
GdB - 25 October 2013 03:32 AM
Write4U - 25 October 2013 02:07 AM

I do find it curious that God must have changed his mind and is breaking his promise of “never judging the earth with another great flood”. Seems that we are well under way to another one. I wonder what will come first, the Rapture or the next great flood. But I did see a rainbow the other day, so I am not going to worry about it.

That is a part of what I am worrying about with fundamentalist Christians. Because of the rainbow they might think that God never will allow a global disaster anymore. So there is no need to do anything against global warming.

Or just about anything that needs attention down here on earth. I first comments online that go on about how some heathen is screwing up the planet, then conclude with “well, that’s just a sign of the end times, so I guess it’s fine, I’ll be in heaven soon.” When I started hearing that from people around me, then I really started getting worried.

Self fulfilling prophecies.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 25 October 2013 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  1480
Joined  2009-10-21
Write4U - 25 October 2013 04:52 AM

Self fulfilling prophecies.

Exactly. I have heard two actual Christians, not on TV, just a couple guys standing in a parking lot, arguing over whether or not it is right to increase tensions (up to and including pre-emptive strikes) in the Middle East in order to bring on the end times.

Posted: 25 October 2013 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
GdB - 24 October 2013 09:31 PM

Oh, dear. Of course I knew the picture before, I know what is on it, and did not realise that it could not be recognised. That are two dinosaurs in a life boat, one has a life ring around its neck.

(Maybe you should make sure that you see the picture real size, it is big, therefore I linked it instead of binding it in into the forum.)

PS Michael Sowa makes very funny paintings. He is a cartoonist using painting techniques. Just do a google picture search on him.

Ah ha.  Can’t tell from my computer screen.
I’m glad you provided the artist’s name.
I’m very fond of this kind of work.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

6 of 6