Saying hello
Posted: 29 October 2013 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2013-10-29

My name is Rupert.

I am a research mathematician and currently have a post-doc position in Germany. I also have interests in physics, philosophy of physics, moral philosophy, and philosophy of religion.

I am an atheist and come from an atheist background. Most of my extended family are atheists and I was skeptical of religious claims from a very early age.

I am also quite interested in animal protection issues and generally try to be as close to vegan as possible.

This group was recommended to me by a friend. I am hoping I can have some interesting discussions about philosophy of religion here.

Posted: 29 October 2013 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
Rupert - 29 October 2013 10:36 PM

My name is Rupert.

I am a research mathematician and currently have a post-doc position in Germany. I also have interests in physics, philosophy of physics, moral philosophy, and philosophy of religion.

I am an atheist and come from an atheist background. Most of my extended family are atheists and I was skeptical of religious claims from a very early age.

I am also quite interested in animal protection issues and generally try to be as close to vegan as possible.

This group was recommended to me by a friend. I am hoping I can have some interesting discussions about philosophy of religion here.

Welcom to CFI forums, Rupert. You will be an excellent addition. wink

Lois

Posted: 30 October 2013 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-10-22

Welcome;

Join any of the discussions you find interesting.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 30 October 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4858
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome aboard, Rupert. You sound like you’ll fit right in, and I am glad to see a real mathematician in the neighborhood.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 31 October 2013 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14

Servus, kommt rein!
I’m not German, I just like to keep the last vestiges of what I can remember alive.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

‹‹ Hi There      Introducing myself ››