Posted: 02 November 2013 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-02

Hello all,
  through a random acquaintance, I was introduced to Robert Price (he’s a member of CFI).  I love his “Human Bible” and “Bible Geek” podcasts. 
  I’ve also been attending some atheist, humanist and skeptics meeting I found through Meetup.com.    Another of the groups that popped up is the “CFI” groups.
  As of last night I’ve attended 2 different CFI small group meeting.  I’ve read the brochure, and looked at the website, but I still don’t quite have a grasp of what it’s all about.

I consider myself to be a free-thinker, skeptic and humanist.

Posted: 02 November 2013 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome Watchguy.  Happy to have you join us.  A good way to get more of a grasp on what CFI and humanism are all about is to read and participate in the discussions here.  Give your opinions, ask questions, respond to the posts.  You’ll quickly develop a good understanding of “what it’s all about.”

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 02 November 2013 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome watchguy.  I think you will enjoy it here, so feel free to jump into any discussion that interests you.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 02 November 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-02

@Mriana & Occam

Thank you!

‹‹ Introducing myself      me ››