With the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination fast approaching, I wanted to put out some facts regarding the case. In my younger days, I was fascinated by this case and, at the time, believed in a conspiracy. My fascination with the event caused me to seek out information on it. That information led me to change my mind. I now have no doubt Lee Harvey Oswald fired 3 shots from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD) wounding Governor Connally and killing President Kennedy.
So for all the rational people out there, here are some facts to offer to your friends, family and co-workers when this case again begins to be discussed due to the coming anniversary.
• Oswald was a Sharpshooter in the Marines.
• The Limousine was moving @ 9MPH and less than 100 yards away in an almost straight line with the 6th floor window. Translation: It was an easy shot.
• While in the Soviet Union, Oswald belonged to a rifle club where he used iron sights as opposed to the scope giving him a faster sight on target.
• When Oswald lived in New Orleans his neighbors reported that he was constantly practicing dry-firing and working the bolt of his rifle on his back porch.
• It was a 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano.
• Two of Oswald’s shots were 1.6 seconds apart.
• At a 1992 shooting event held by Richard Davis, the scene was set up to recreate the conditions in Dallas - same rifle, same distance, moving target, etc. Electronic timers timed each shooter. Several shooters not only broke the 1.6 second interval for two shots, but all 3 rounds hit their moving target. Every single shooter who did this was left-handed. Oswald shot left-handed.
• It is NOT “pristine.” It is usually shown from the angle where it looks straight, such as viewing a banana from the angle where you cannot see its curve. Like a banana, the bullet is actually bent.
• The bullet had a heavy jacketed nose and could easily gone through flesh and bone and remain fairly intact.
• The lead fragments from the bullet were matched with neutron activation analysis by Dr. Vincent Gwen. The exact same lead from that bullet was found in both Connally and Kennedy.
The Angle of the Shots
• Entrance and exit wounds line up and clearly point to originating from above and behind.
• 3D computer analysis based on entrance and exit wounds lead back directly to the 6th floor window of the TSBD.
Acoustic Evidence of 3 Shots
• A Dictabelt recording of the shots recorded from a police motorcycle microphone that was stuck-open shows only 3 shots.
• Modern acoustic analysis based on the location of the microphone triangulates all 3 sounds coming from the direction of the 6th floor window of the TSBD.
• Oswald worked in that building and was stationed on the 6th floor.
• Oswald’s palm print was on the rifle.
• Bullet fragments and the cartridge were ballistically traced to come from Oswald’s gun.
• Autopsy results on Kennedy’s wound confirm they came from above and behind.