3 of 3
Sylvia Browne died today
Posted: 30 August 2015 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4314
Joined  2014-06-20
RubyWoo - 21 March 2014 06:59 AM

Well DarrenS - my experiences are not imaginary.  However, that brings up another observation… you and the other think alikes tend to lack any hint of imagination or creativity in your thought.

How do you know your experiences are not imaginary?

We have the typical amount of imagination and creativity. We simply apply the test of skepticism and rationality to it.

Incidentally, have you ever noticed that you and others who believe in psychiic phenomena also think alike? People who believe in or who do not believe in any particular phenomena think in similar ways.

If you think you psychic experiences are true you stand to win $1 million from the James Ramdi Foundation if you can prove it. Why not give it a try? You have nothing to lose you’ll either learn something or prove something.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

Lois

[ Edited: 30 August 2015 12:05 PM by LoisL ]
 Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 30 August 2015 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4314
Joined  2014-06-20
DarronS - 30 August 2015 11:10 AM
plvt - 30 August 2015 10:39 AM

If I’d been a member of these forums back then (and seen that comment), I would have asked: 

RubyWoo:  If you can’t prove to others that what you experienced “were not just coincidence”, how did you ‘prove’ it to yourself?  Or did you just believe it without proof, (without any effort to find an explanation not involving the supernatural)?”

And yes, I know, the answer I would have probably received would have been without merit (and likely, just nonsense). But it still would be interesting (to me anyway) to see how he/she would try to address that one.

Those are good questions. I thought of that when RubyWoo posted, but frankly I’ve seen this kind of behavior so often I’ve quit trying. I had a similar discussion on FB recently when one of my cousins posted about buying tickets to see a psychic in an auditorium. When I linked an article discussing how many people have been tested for psychic abilities she replied that she did not read the article and she wanted me to stop trying to change her mind. She has had alleged psychic experiences and does not want to consider anything that might contradict her beliefs. I’ll post my current sig line here just in case I change it in the future.

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who hold irrational beliefs.

Indeed. i hadn’t realized she had flown the coop so quickly. A sure sign of a hopeless troll.

Unfortunately they’re a dime a dozen.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

3 of 3