TV Preacher Paul Crouch Has Died
Posted: 30 November 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2012-02-02

An ex-girlfriend of mine worked for them before we dated.  She said that they were solely interested in money, and its one of the things that made her an atheist.

Paul Franklin Crouch, co-founder of Trinity Broadcasting Network, has died at age 79, according to the Christian-based network’s website.
In 1973, the Missouri native founded TBN with his wife and parlayed the television station into the world’s largest Christian TV network.

TBN grew from little-watched KLXA Channel 40 in Costa Mesa to a worldwide operation with 84 satellite channels offering targeting specific demographic groups in their native languages around the globe.

Wonder how his empire will fare now.  There’s already been some pretty nasty accusations from family members that TBN’s been mishandling money.  The wrong person gets cut out of the will, and we could see even more.

Posted: 30 November 2013 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

I think the fallout will be nasty, no matter how the empire is cut. I’ll have my comfy seat and popcorn ready for the in fighting to start in 3….2….1…

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 01 December 2013 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2887
Joined  2011-08-15

And another one bites the dust from whence they came. Seems like the big guy upstairs is calling them all home. I’ll bet the grim reaper will be visiting Billy Graham next. Fox had a special on about his life and times on Thanksgiving Day. He’s hanging on by a thread and I’ll bet son Franklin can’t wait to step in and take over.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 01 December 2013 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Thevillageatheist - 01 December 2013 05:46 AM

And another one bites the dust from whence they came. Seems like the big guy upstairs is calling them all home. I’ll bet the grim reaper will be visiting Billy Graham next. Fox had a special on about his life and times on Thanksgiving Day. He’s hanging on by a thread and I’ll bet son Franklin can’t wait to step in and take over.

Cap’t Jack

Pat Robertson needs to have his dementia diagnosed, and be taken off TV so he can stop embarrassing himself.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 01 December 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Maybe, in his demented, delusional state someone could tell him that Oral Roberts and Tammy Fae are waiting for him in heaven. Then they could get together and make fun of Jerry Falwell.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 01 December 2013 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2012-10-27
Thevillageatheist - 01 December 2013 04:36 PM

Maybe, in his demented, delusional state someone could tell him that Oral Roberts and Tammy Fae are waiting for him in heaven. Then they could get together and make fun of Jerry Falwell.

Cap’t Jack

What? Are you saying Herry Falwell isn’t in heaven also waiting for him?

C’mon, get real!

wink

Lois

Posted: 02 December 2013 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

I didn’t recognize the name, but I recognize the face because I’ve watched that show before. IIRC, he would sit on what looked liked a big golden throne, with his makeup splattered wife next to him.

He’ll probably be buried in some silk-lined coffin with all of his jewelry on, like a true televangelist.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 02 December 2013 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I didn’t recognize the name, but I recognize the face because I’ve watched that show before. IIRC, he would sit on what looked liked a big golden throne, with his makeup splattered wife next to him.

He’ll probably be buried in some silk-lined coffin with all of his jewelry on, like a true televangelist.

Oh, forgot about him. That’s Jim Baker and Tammy Fae was his wife. They bilked their followers out of millions and created their own jesusland for the faithful. They built a mansion, bought expensive cars and even an air conditioned doghouse for their poochie! That is until they were caught siphoning off funds. Now they’re in heaven scamming the angels.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 02 December 2013 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

What? Are you saying Herry Falwell isn’t in heaven also waiting for him?

C’mon, get real!

Of course he’s there. He spent a lifetime enslaving young minds at his famous Liberty University. God would surely reward him with a golden throne for his fat ass and a hearty “atta boy” Jerry! Want to read more about him? Then God’s Bullies is the book for you.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 05 December 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2013-08-29

Christian faith here or there, it’s beyond me why people accept televangelists. I remember Christopher Hitchens being interviewed on Fox in regard to the death of Jerry Falwell. I could feel with Hitchens’ reply as I couldn’t stand Falwell and all these other nuts. But then, just recently, Manfred Rommel died. The son of Erwin Rommel, the “desert fox” in Hitler’s war in Africa, eventually executed Socrates-style for refusing orders to kill POW’s. Rommel had been a well-liked, conservative mayor in Stuttgart, Germany. He built Stammheim prison for the left-wing Baader-Meinhof terrorists, fiercely against them. - But at their deaths, in line with his father’s spirit, he mentioned to let the dead rest and let disagreement cease. This shook me hard.

I’m not saying this in response to any comments here, I’m saying it for myself. Too much anger in my heart, too much disappointment, too much blaming others. - With Rommel’s death I was confronted with a strong man of conviction, a man who fought his enemies… but also a man who showed mercy when the fight was over. - I wanna remember this, and learn from it.

A bit over ten years ago I went to trade school for electrical stuff.  One of my classmates was the manager of three adult bookstores. Still boggles my mind why he was there as he was obviously doing quite well, or maybe not… I don’t know, never asked. Anyway, he was hilarious, and his jokes were mainly aimed at televangelists. He loved to watch them, saying, “hey, I’m a be one o’ these dudes one day… and you’ll know where your money ends up… oh yeah, I’m a get me tons of jewelry and Rolexes and you’ll see it!” - I was a devout Christian at the time, but for some reason we got along very well. Wish we had kept in touch. Lovely dude. - Anyway, what I wanted to say… televangelism is about the most ridiculous form of Christianity out there, and those deluded, money-hungry hypocrites I’m certain Jesus had in mind when sifting the pharisees… for my own sanity, however, I won’t allow myself to comment on this man’s death. Death is death. Life is over. I simply hope that unless you’re in for the money you’ll recognize the delusion of this sort of Christianity.

Again, televangelism is beyond me. Unless you’re confined to your home without friends, meaning most often elderly people in need of some sort of sanity, who listens to this trash? And given the most likely listeners and givers of money, yeah, that makes these “enterprises” all the more abhorrent. Christian? Whatever good or bad Christianity has in its pockets, this stuff is beyond the dreams of a satanist.

No comment on the man, but put everyone of them in sack and hit it, you’ll always get the right one…

Oh my, what did I do? Babble and babble and babble… I guess I needed an outlet :)

Peace, y’all…

Signature 

“Metaphysical speculation is an expression of poetic illusion.”

Posted: 05 December 2013 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I’m not saying this in response to any comments here, I’m saying it for myself. Too much anger in my heart, too much disappointment, too much blaming others. - With Rommel’s death I was confronted with a strong man of conviction, a man who fought his enemies… but also a man who showed mercy when the fight was over. - I wanna remember this, and learn from it.

Damn, I hate to hear that. He appeared on the History Channel from time to time and hung out with Monty’s son, and I think Eisehhower’s as well. He seemed like a decent guy. I saw him on a program describing his father’s career. Erwin was a brilliant tactician and military leader. Too bad he backed the wrong man and paid the price for it but, it saved his son’s life.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine