2 of 2
Read This if you’ve ever bought anything from Amazon
Posted: 04 December 2013 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22
Lois - 04 December 2013 12:55 PM
garythehuman - 04 December 2013 11:00 AM

We patronize local stores for groceries, veggies (all locally grown) and meat supplied by locally owned slaughterhouses

Doesn’t mean employees of locally owned businesses are less exploited.  I try to shop in stores where the employees are unionized.

Which ones are they? I find it next to impossible to find a retail store where employees are unionized.

Lois

Fortunately one of the supermarket chains in this area is unionized.  For other things you have to check your local area.  I don’t know of any national chains that are unionized.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 04 December 2013 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17
Lois - 04 December 2013 12:55 PM
garythehuman - 04 December 2013 11:00 AM

We patronize local stores for groceries, veggies (all locally grown) and meat supplied by locally owned slaughterhouses

Doesn’t mean employees of locally owned businesses are less exploited.  I try to shop in stores where the employees are unionized.

Which ones are they? I find it next to impossible to find a retail store where employees are unionized.

Lois

FWIW: Costco’s employees are unionized.

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 04 December 2013 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22
Lois - 01 December 2013 10:24 AM

Alleged mistreatment of individual sellers

Amazon has faced scrutiny from numerous individual sellers who have claimed that Amazon unexpectedly closed their accounts, and subsequently withheld their funds for indefinite time frames. According to Section 5.k of the Amazon Seller’s Participation agreement, Amazon may earn interest on funds collected from buyers before they are disbursed to sellers, meaning Amazon can increase their earnings by delaying disbursement.

Old news.

Try doing some research on suppliers for the US automotive companies. The big 3 are ALWAYS late with payments, for the exact same reason.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

2 of 2

‹‹ More Republican blather      Capitalism ››