44/56

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 12 December 2013 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2886
Joined  2011-08-15

How does one type left-handed? Are you hunting and pecking with one finger?

What instrumnts do you play?

I use my IPad and type with the first two fingers of my left hand while holding it, obviously, with my right. I play the fiddle, Appalachian style, guitar, now not so much as I switched to learning the Irish harp, lap dulcimer and Autoharp.  I also had to learn to shoot long guns right handed but It feels more natural using my left hand.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 12 December 2013 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4621
Joined  2007-10-05
Lois - 11 December 2013 06:14 PM

A more accurate test would be much longer, would be superised by a psychologist under nearly ideal conditions and would have ways of compensating for anomalies. This test is just designed to give an indication of what functions are dominant in a person. It is not a scientific test.

Lois

You’re right, especially since it instructed us to touch our heads and asked which hand we used. Did the test writer anticipate right-handed people would have their left hands free? Like advocates, my right hand was on my trackpad so I used my left hand. I scored a 56/44, which means I should be pretty good at math. I am not.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 12 December 2013 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2243
Joined  2012-10-27
DarronS - 12 December 2013 08:26 AM
Lois - 11 December 2013 06:14 PM

A more accurate test would be much longer, would be superised by a psychologist under nearly ideal conditions and would have ways of compensating for anomalies. This test is just designed to give an indication of what functions are dominant in a person. It is not a scientific test.

Lois

You’re right, especially since it instructed us to touch our heads and asked which hand we used. Did the test writer anticipate right-handed people would have their left hands free? Like advocates, my right hand was on my trackpad so I used my left hand. I scored a 56/44, which means I should be pretty good at math. I am not.

Not ncessarily. I scored 91 left and I was never good at math, though I’ve gotten much better as I’ve grown older.  I believe I have an intrinsic understanding of math but was frightened away from it as a child. Neither my parents nor teachers had any idea of how to teach a child properly. When I showed any lack of understanding they tended to throw up their hands and write me off.

In a scientific test, some questions would be asked orally with the subject, sitting straight in a chair, not using a mouse or holding a pen or pencil.

Lois

Posted: 16 December 2013 03:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2012-09-14

Right to left:  59/41

The dancer question was a little odd though. Cuz it depends on what perespective your viewing. Viewing from top or bottom would have different direction

Signature 

Say: He is God, the Unique.
God, the Self-Sufficient.
He does not give birth, nor was He born.
And there is none equal to Him.

Quran (112: 1-4)

Posted: 16 December 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  2243
Joined  2012-10-27
I.J. Abdul Hakeem - 16 December 2013 03:11 AM

Right to left:  59/41

The dancer question was a little odd though. Cuz it depends on what perespective your viewing. Viewing from top or bottom would have different direction

It’s best to submit your answer according to which direction she seems to be going at your very first glance without analyzing it or trying to make it appear to change direction.

Posted: 10 January 2014 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-01-07

Dead even 50-50.  That’ll give me something to brag about.  I wish it meant something.

Signature 

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts” Bertrand Russell   -  I wonder if this is really true?  Should it really be my signature line?  What if it’s wrong?  What if I say it to a fool who’s not certain of themselves?  JH

Posted: 10 January 2014 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  5184
Joined  2010-06-16

I had forgotten about this this thread, but I happened to be organizing old files on a flash drive, and I found a research report from about four years ago where the scientists found that a fair number of left handers’ brains had reversed functions, that is, what was expected to be a left brain function was taking place on the right side and vice versa.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 10 January 2014 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  2289
Joined  2007-07-05

47L/53R

The first time I saw that rotating dancer I was able to make the rotation change with some concentration.  It is a lot harder now.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

2 of 2