Fuzzy Hello
Posted: 20 December 2013 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2013-12-20

Hi, I’m a middle aged man recovering from the effects of some less than pleasant events of childhood and the acute PTSD that they caused.

The world doesn’t always make much sense to me, and I’m coming to realize I’m not alone in that boat. I have some background in science and have dabbled in religion, but I’m finding the skeptical approach to the world fits best with me, “when in doubt ask why” seems like a pretty good principle and I wish more people would use it rather than sticking to, “because” as a philosophy.

I hope I can add something to the discussions going on here and apply a little of my fuzzy logic.

Thanks, Doug

Posted: 21 December 2013 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

welcome Doug; don’t be afraid to jump right in.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 23 December 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4616
Joined  2007-10-05

I’ll add my welcome too, Doug. Jump in and enjoy the conversations.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 23 December 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2013-12-20

Thanks.

I’m just getting a feel for the forum right now, but it seems to have a lot of interesting discussions going on.

Posted: 23 December 2013 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17

Welcome to the forums Fuzzy Logic! Please stick around and participate in the conversations.

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain