Pope Francis: Pedophile priests are Monsters
Posted: 06 January 2014 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  290
Joined  2011-09-13

The Pope has once again told it like it is.  The wealthy are already angry with him for attacking greed and

now the worlds pedophiles will march against him but I feel the Pope has no fear.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/05/pope-francis-pedophile-priests-monsters/

Posted: 06 January 2014 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2012-09-14

Skimmed the linked article.
While I applaud the pope’s move;  personally, I think the pope should have been a little more intellectual about his responses.
http://www.apa.org/monitor/jun02/church.aspx
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/201003/beyond-bad-apple-priests-who-the-pedophiles-really-are

Then again I am not christian so I dont know how the vatican plans out their statements.

Signature 

Say: He is God, the Unique.
God, the Self-Sufficient.
He does not give birth, nor was He born.
And there is none equal to Him.

Quran (112: 1-4)

Posted: 06 January 2014 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4836
Joined  2007-10-05

Good finds on the links, I.J. That is interesting stuff. At least the new Pope has spoken out as pedophile priests being bad men. Now maybe he’ll open the bible and read the part that says leaders of the church should be married.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 07 January 2014 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Hey, I like the part about them not being married.  It means there are fewer kids who would get daily inculcation.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 January 2014 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4836
Joined  2007-10-05

Good point, Occam.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 08 January 2014 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  4349
Joined  2010-08-15
deros - 06 January 2014 05:07 AM

The Pope has once again told it like it is.  The wealthy are already angry with him for attacking greed ...

AlterNet / By Joe Conason
Rich Catholics Threaten Pope Francis — Because He Frightens Them
January 3, 2014
http://admin.alternet.org/belief/rich-catholics-threaten-pope-francis-because-he-frightens-them

If anyone wonders whether Pope Francis has irritated wealthy conservatives with his courage and idealism, the latest outburst from Kenneth Langone left little doubt. Sounding both aggressive and whiny, the billionaire investor warned that he and his overprivileged friends might withhold their millions from church and charity unless the pontiff stops preaching against the excesses and cruelty of unleashed capitalism.

According to Langone, such criticism from the Holy See could ultimately hurt the sensitive feelings of the rich so badly that they become “incapable of feeling compassion for the poor.” He also said rich donors are already losing their enthusiasm for the restoration of St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Manhattan—a very specific threat that he mentioned directly to Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York. ...

For a little background on how rich these folks actually are
http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact-2?c=reccon1
(sorry don’t recall who I owe the tip of the hat to - share and share alike)

[ Edited: 08 January 2014 10:02 AM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 12 January 2014 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

He calls the pedophile priests ‘monsters’, yet he does nothing to bring them to justice or keep them from hurting more children, or compensating those who have been victimized. This pope is all mealy mouth and no action. He imparts ‘feel good’ messages in a sweet voice, so the catholic mafia can continue on its merry way.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 12 January 2014 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
Occam. - 07 January 2014 12:34 PM

Hey, I like the part about them not being married.  It means there are fewer kids who would get daily inculcation.  LOL

Occam

Psst, Occam.  It has been discovered that you don’t have to be married to have kids.  tongue wink

Posted: 12 January 2014 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Lois - 12 January 2014 10:31 AM
Occam. - 07 January 2014 12:34 PM

Occam

Psst, Occam.  It has been discovered that you don’t have to be married to have kids.  tongue wink

Aren’t those ‘virgin’ births? As one of my cousins once said “Mary was a girl with a really good ‘story’ ” lol!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 13 January 2014 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

But, but, but. . . .  Lois, don’t you know it’s god’s word that the only proper way to copulate is by being one man/one woman married, and priests as emissaries of god would always follow his rules and have to be married before they could insert their sperm into anyone?  Right???

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.