2 of 2
Christian Mingle
Posted: 08 February 2014 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2679
Joined  2011-04-24
macgyver - 07 February 2014 11:48 AM

Could you imagine if there was a “White Persons Mingle”?

Well, that’s what “hipster mingle” is! LOL

Seriously though, “Redneck mingle”, “Wiccan mingle”, and “Atheist mingle”, are going to be vastly white, of course.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 08 February 2014 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2188
Joined  2007-04-26
Lois - 07 February 2014 09:21 PM
macgyver - 07 February 2014 02:50 PM
rodin46 - 07 February 2014 01:49 PM

I see nothing wrong with types wanting other types.  But the control freaks will say it’s racist or w/e. By that logic only interracial or inter-gender marriages would be allowed.

To each there own in this area make the best sense.

That’s not correct. No one is saying you have to marry someone who is from a different race, religion bigots! , or ethnicity. What I have a problem with and what is clearly bigotry is to promote an attitude that one should only associate with or marry someone who is one of your own. It seems you have things backwards. The control freaks are the ones who support the restriction of marriage to same race, religion, or ethnicity.

Obviously on an individual level you choose the person who you fall in love with and if that person happens to share your religion or customs that’s fine. Parents and groups that coerce or imply that others should avoid anyone who doesn’t share their race, religion or ethnicity when choosing a mate are clearly promoting bigotry.

Bigotry: Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance

Do you feel the same way about a person, an individual, who would like to meet people of a particular race or religion because he or she feels most comfortable with members of that race or religion and whose family is not bigoted or pushing him or her to accept or reject anyone based on race or religion? Should such a person force himself to date people outside his religious or racial preference so that other people don’t call him a bigot? How about gay people? Should they force themselves to date heterosexuals lest they be called bigots? Should they avoid gay hangouts and seek out straight ones? Or even heterosexuals. Should they force themselves to date gays lest they be called bigots? Should they go to known gay hangouts and avoid straight ones?

Lois

No Lois you’re not paying attention to what I wrote in my post. Each individual will make their own choice based on all sorts of inborn preferences and even prejudices. What I object to and what the OP is alluding to is groups or individuals publicly endorsing the idea that others should make choices by first selecting only among individuals that share their religion, race, or ethnicity.

Again, if someone is only attracted to white women and only dates them that is their personal choice but if they publicly promote the notion that white men should only date white women I think most people would find that offensive and it would clearly be bigotry.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

2 of 2