2 of 2
Oh my! – The perils of drinking too much.
Posted: 17 February 2014 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6008
Joined  2006-12-20
George - 13 February 2014 07:39 AM

“Hydrate”? Lol, a funny word.

I tried everything and I always get a hangover. And it’s getting worse as I age. These days I can have a couple of glasses of wine and I’ll feel it the next day. Not fun.  confused

But I expect if you then had another 6 glasses of wine and then had hair of the dog the next day followed by another six and so on you wouldn’t get hangovers.

Not that I recommend it.

Posted: 17 February 2014 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

But I couldn’t have another six glasses. That’s the point. No idea how people do it.

Posted: 24 April 2014 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2014-03-12

sick

[ Edited: 24 April 2014 10:55 PM by Handydan ]
 Signature 

“expectation is the mother of disappointment”

Posted: 24 April 2014 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2014-03-12

I drank everyday to the point of passing out for about 20 years. I always thought I never had hangovers. Then, after I drank my life into a ditch, I got sober. I learned that it was not that I never had hangovers, it was that I never stopped drinking long enough to find out what not being hungover felt like. My cure for a hangover was, don’t stop drinking. Worked like a charm.

Yeah, AA is hard for an atheist to swallow. I had to just about die before I finally went there to get help. I don’t think AA is right for everyone, but it can work for someone whose only chance of survival is complete abstinence. It tends to get worse with time, so the sooner you address your drinking the easier it will be to do so without going to extremes. I haven’t had a drink in 13 years and I don’t feel like I’m missing a thing. I don’t miss loosing my keys, wallet, car, or bike. I don’t need to take a break from my life with a bottle anymore. I don’t know why that seemed like a good idea before, but it makes no sense to me now.

My advice is, if you don’t want to find yourself unable to ever safely enjoy a drink again, face this stuff now and get a grip on it before it has the upper hand.

Signature 

“expectation is the mother of disappointment”

Posted: 25 April 2014 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
Michelle D. - 12 February 2014 07:20 PM
George - 11 February 2014 01:03 PM

Michelle,

How can you drink four days or two weeks (!) in a row? You don’t get a hangover?

Good evening George…

Short answer? No, I rarely get hangovers. Sometimes, but not that often.

If you don’t get hangovers it’s a good sign that you have reached a dangerous point. You are probably never suffering a substantial drop in the alcohol level in your bloodstream—in other words you continue to drink enough to keep the level up. In addition to that when your body stops responding negatively to alcohol (or you stop recognizing negative responses), you are in deep trouble. Get help immediately.

Lois

2 of 2