2 of 2
What Bill Nye should have considered before the ‘debate’ with Ken Ham
Posted: 03 March 2014 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3196
Joined  2011-08-15

It looks like Ham’s blaming the whole debate on god. Seems that skydaddy had already preplanned the debate as, according to Ham the money is rolling in from donations round the World. Please god, if you’re up there would you tell Ham to move the ark to say Missouri or Mississippi, why Kentucky? Why? We’re already dealing with snakehandlers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/01/us-usa-religion-ark-idUSBREA2000A20140301

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 04 March 2014 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15
Thevillageatheist - 03 March 2014 12:00 PM

It looks like Ham’s blaming the whole debate on god. Seems that skydaddy had already preplanned the debate as, according to Ham the money is rolling in from donations round the World. Please god, if you’re up there would you tell Ham to move the ark to say Missouri or Mississippi, why Kentucky? Why? We’re already dealing with snakehandlers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/01/us-usa-religion-ark-idUSBREA2000A20140301

Cap’t Jack

I was going to put a laughie face but that wouldn’t be right   red face

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/16/3092068/jamie-coots-well-known-snake-handling.html

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 04 March 2014 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4840
Joined  2007-10-05

I read about that last week, CC. All I could do was shake my head. This is the type of belief that give religion a bad name.

Must resist. Must… resist.

Too bad the guy already procreated.

Darn. Couldn’t resist.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 04 March 2014 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I was going to put a laughie face but that wouldn’t be right   

Damn, thanks for the reminder CC. We’re already labeled as witless hillbillies from those feud stories in the New York newspapers and now this crap. And as Darron mentioned, he’s procreated? Maybe he can sail his ark back to Australia and the atheist community there can deal with him.  vampire

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 04 March 2014 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  4840
Joined  2007-10-05

I was referring to the snake handling preacher, Cap’t. I believe he was born and bred in Kentucky. But I agree that we should send Ken Ham back to Australia.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 04 March 2014 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Yeah, I know that bunch well. While the whole practice (in the late Fall and Winter they drink strychnine and run blowtorches under their chins) is outlawed in Ky. When pressed they hop across the river into West Va. Just a thought, maybe Ham can intice them two by two to join him in the Ark where they will be presented with a shiny Darwin award. Actually what really burns me up is that they teach their kids that this twisted piece of biblical cherry picking will get them closer to god.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

2 of 2