3 of 3
A Critical Assessment of Child Custody Evaluations: Limited Science and a Flawed System
Posted: 03 March 2014 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
mid atlantic - 03 March 2014 10:44 PM
Lois - 03 March 2014 05:27 AM
mid atlantic - 03 March 2014 02:17 AM
Lois - 02 March 2014 11:17 PM

In any case there is a reason for the state of affairs we have now with psychologists running things—something had to be done because of the chaotic situation that presented itself.  These things don’t happen in a vacuum. I don’t think psychologists are the answer either, but it’s a system that grew out of incredible dysfunction. What would you have done?

Lois

Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing.

If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don’t have reliable families, so “street justice” should be the next step, IMO.

Which is why we have the chaos we have. Some people try to relieve the chaos while people like you call for more. So far your side is winning.

How is “my side” winning?

Because we have chaos already and you are calling for more. Do nothing, get more chaos. Simple equation.

Lois

[ Edited: 06 March 2014 12:37 AM by Lois ]

Posted: 04 March 2014 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  2679
Joined  2011-04-24
Lois - 03 March 2014 11:36 PM
mid atlantic - 03 March 2014 10:44 PM
Lois - 03 March 2014 05:27 AM
mid atlantic - 03 March 2014 02:17 AM
Lois - 02 March 2014 11:17 PM

In any case there is a reason for the state of affairs we have now with psychologists running things—something had to be done because of the chaotic situation that presented itself.  These things don’t happen in a vacuum. I don’t think psychologists are the answer either, but it’s a system that grew out of incredible dysfunction. What would you have done?

Lois

Is this a rhetorical question? Vyazma asked the same thing.

If not a rhetorical question, I think the families should handle these matters themselves. No government involvement. However, some people in these positions don’t have reliable families, so “street justice” should be the next step, IMO.

Which is why we have the chaos we have. Some people try to relieve the chaos while people like you call for more. So far your side is winning.

How is “my side” winning?

Because we have chaos already an you are calling for more. Do nothing, get more chaos. Simple equation.

Lois

Lolwut? I didn’t say “do nothing”.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 04 March 2014 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
mid atlantic - 03 March 2014 10:48 PM
Occam. - 03 March 2014 01:59 PM

I guess M-A feels we need an expansion of the “Stand Your Ground” laws to, maybe, “Prevent Any Behavior Different From Your Own” that would allow anyone to shoot any other person who doesn’t comply with the first one’s ideas of proper behavior.  This would be defined as “street justice”.

Occam

I said no to more government intervention.

You also said street justice.
What does that mean?

How do you apply street justice to 2 children who have a child molester as a father and meth addict as a mother for example?

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 05 March 2014 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  2679
Joined  2011-04-24
VYAZMA - 04 March 2014 06:11 AM

What does that mean?

How do you apply street justice to 2 children who have a child molester as a father and meth addict as a mother for example?

It’s means not getting authorities involved, taking matters into your own hands. In this example, stable family members can take the kids; meth head mom will not be worrying about the children as long as she’s using.

However,it’s impossible to prove molestation occurred without medical help, and health care practitioners are required by law to contact authorities if they find signs of abuse (known as mandated reporting) so, some official investigation of the father will happen.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 05 March 2014 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
VYAZMA - 04 March 2014 06:11 AM
mid atlantic - 03 March 2014 10:48 PM
Occam. - 03 March 2014 01:59 PM

I guess M-A feels we need an expansion of the “Stand Your Ground” laws to, maybe, “Prevent Any Behavior Different From Your Own” that would allow anyone to shoot any other person who doesn’t comply with the first one’s ideas of proper behavior.  This would be defined as “street justice”.

Occam

I said no to more government intervention.

What does that mean?

Never ask a libertarian for details. He will tell you that everything will magically fall into place once government is out of the picture.

Lois

3 of 3

‹‹ Koch Brothers      Is this racism? ››