Does this finally put to end the god did it arguements?
Posted: 10 May 2014 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  285
Joined  2011-09-13

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/07/living-organism-pass-down-artificial-dna-us-scientists

Posted: 10 May 2014 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-07-05

No, it’s just another little step toward scientists tracking down God.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 10 May 2014 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2014-04-27
deros - 10 May 2014 03:47 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/07/living-organism-pass-down-artificial-dna-us-scientists

No, there is no viable argument. Until someone can prove god, then god didn’t do anything. It’s an imaginary argument just like their imaginary deity.

Lee

Signature 

Religion is doing good things in fear of bad consequences. Morality is doing good things because they are good things.

Posted: 10 May 2014 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2012-07-02

Logic put an end to the god argument a long time ago. There isn’t a single logical or rational argument for the existence of god, unless you start with absurd/unproven assumptions.

Signature 

“When your arguments are…ashes. Then you have my permission to cry.”

Posted: 10 May 2014 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2014-03-12

I’ve never really understood the assumption that science has the same aim as religion. I don’t think science attempts to address the fantastic claims that religions assert. The idea that science will ever give us all the answers to the questions religion claims to answer is a misunderstanding for what science does. Science is about expanding our knowledge of the cosmos with no ultimate assertion to be proven. Religion is about ultimate assertions for the cosmos without looking at how the cosmos works, unless the findings affirm religion’s claims. That is the polar opisite to the scientific method.

Signature 

“expectation is the mother of disappointment”

Posted: 11 May 2014 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2012-09-14
Robert Walper - 10 May 2014 04:19 PM

Logic put an end to the god argument a long time ago. There isn’t a single logical or rational argument for the existence of god, unless you start with absurd/unproven assumptions.

Given that a news article is being treated as a scholarly source, I dont think any of us are in a position to be talking about what is a “logical or rational” arguement.

I sometime break that rule myself, but from what I’ve seen,  using a news article in any major research at my university would be a joke.
Good sources are

Academic journals
Scholarly books
University websites
Masters/ Ph. D dissertations etc,

In this regards, the most logical person I know is
http://sheikhhamza.com/recommendations/1

The vast majority of us, however, have no experience in this kind of serious religious scholarship (myself included.)

[ Edited: 11 May 2014 02:57 PM by I.J. Abdul Hakeem ]
 Signature 

Say: He is God, the Unique.
God, the Self-Sufficient.
He does not give birth, nor was He born.
And there is none equal to Him.

Quran (112: 1-4)

‹‹ Sixth Mass Extinction      srdan math ››