When Giant Chickens Ruled the Earth
Posted: 26 July 2014 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  447
Joined  2012-02-02

Feathered dinosaurs go back much farther than anyone thought.

Now scientists may have discovered the most distant dinosaur with feathers yet, by far. In fact the new discovery, Kulindadromeus zabaikalicus, is in an entirely different branch of dinosaurs. Theropods are saurischians, while the new dino is an ornithischian, pushing back the common ancestor to the very root of the dinosaur clade.

It is both cool and depressing to know that T. Rexes were feathered.  Cool, because they no doubt must have looked incredibly weird.  Depressing, because now I’ll never be able to look at a picture of a feathered T. Rex without hearing chicken noises in my head.

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 26 July 2014 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  4858
Joined  2007-10-05

Chicken Train
It’s chickens all the way down.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 27 July 2014 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2014-04-27
Coldheart Tucker - 26 July 2014 09:31 AM

Feathered dinosaurs go back much farther than anyone thought.

Now scientists may have discovered the most distant dinosaur with feathers yet, by far. In fact the new discovery, Kulindadromeus zabaikalicus, is in an entirely different branch of dinosaurs. Theropods are saurischians, while the new dino is an ornithischian, pushing back the common ancestor to the very root of the dinosaur clade.

It is both cool and depressing to know that T. Rexes were feathered.  Cool, because they no doubt must have looked incredibly weird.  Depressing, because now I’ll never be able to look at a picture of a feathered T. Rex without hearing chicken noises in my head.

Think of it as the roar from the latest Godzilla movie… terrifying!

https:/  /www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPDNqkVQsKo

smile

Signature 

Religion is doing good things in fear of bad consequences. Morality is doing good things because they are good things.

Posted: 27 July 2014 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

But if we had lived then, think of the great white meat sandwiches we could have had.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 27 July 2014 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  447
Joined  2012-02-02

Ginormous image showing an artist’s concept of what a T. Rex chicken might have looked like.

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 31 July 2014 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2014-07-31
Coldheart Tucker - 27 July 2014 03:52 PM

Ginormous image showing an artist’s concept of what a T. Rex chicken might have looked like.

This is the kind of chicken the more modern civilized chicken is looking for to get even with the human race.

Posted: 01 August 2014 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

You’re right, Dubious, but before we get caught and eaten, think of the great omelets we could make.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 August 2014 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
Occam. - 01 August 2014 09:12 AM

You’re right, Dubious, but before we get caught and eaten, think of the great omelets we could make.  smile

Occam

Fred Flintstone knows all about those omelets.
Heck his car tipped over from some ribs. I think those were Brontosaurus ribs though…

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!