21 of 22
vaccinations/immunization
Posted: 20 January 2011 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

Thanks Brennen and asanta.  I think you did understand what I was asking and the cells was one of the things I was wondering about.  I do know when they try to rehydrate a cat that refuses to drink and I’ve seen them do that humans too who needed fluids for whatever reason, it is more of a saline solution than just pure water, but pure water was making wonder about cellular damage.  However, I wasn’t certain if cellular damage was the right words I was looking for or not.  Given that vaccines and medicines are more than just water, which I already understood, I knew they too had their own side-effects, but I wasn’t sure about water per se.  I do know if there is an air bubble and it goes into the blood stream there can be problems.  Thus why I was wondering about pure water and picturing some cells exploding because of it, but then I thought that might be a bit far fetched and I was letting my imagination run wild.  Guess it wasn’t too far off base, just maybe a bit exaggerated in my mind.  As a placebo, a saline solution would be better, if one was going to do a study of some sort with some sort of control group.  The idea of $20 for a shot of water, just made my mind run a little wild with how damaging that could be, but apparently my brain wasn’t working that much overtime.  LOL  Even so, I couldn’t help but think, “Oh my!  That has to be an exaggeration going on in my head.”  So I had to ask.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 January 2011 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
dougsmith - 19 January 2011 10:01 AM

The site that’s from, naturalhealthnews, is clearly a complete garbage site. If you read what Gates said, he was saying something that people have said for a very long time, viz., that part of the reason for high birthrates in underprivileged parts of the world has to do with high infant mortality. High infant mortality, OTOH, comes from poor healthcare including low vaccination rates.

When parents know that their children are likely to survive until adulthood they tend to have fewer children.

Also, look at the quote they cite: “The world today has 6.8 billion people… that’s headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.”

So part of what he believes will reduce population is “reproductive health”, something that would certainly include birth control.

Exactly, but this made its way to me via people I know who actually think he’s trying to kill people. He is so evil, he’s just going to get up at a TED talk and admit that? There are plenty of reasons that I may not like Bill Gates for, but I really don’t think he’s committing mass murder through vaccination programs.

These same people also sent me vids on Fema Death Camps, with Jesse Ventura sneaking on a property to see the hundreds of thousands of coffins for disposing of the bodies. They were actually grave liners. Seriously, because if you commit mass murder on such an epic scale, you are going to make time to properly bury every body in its own grave. You aren’t going to just dig a hole and push everyone in it, or dispose of the corpses some other way? Are they going to have funerals for each one, too? I’m pretty sure I’m going to notice going to 450 funerals a week. All the past mass murders were known for the pristine and well ordered massive graveyards they kept. rolleyes

Conspiracy theories have become a real plague among many Leftists I know. It’s very frustrating. I’m going to get a carp, and I’m going to start whacking people with it.

Don’t ask why a carp, I have no real reason, except that I think it would be very satisfying to hit someone with a carp when they’re being stupid. Also, I don’t think the police would take it seriously.

[ Edited: 21 January 2011 12:29 AM by Bees Mom ]
 Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 21 January 2011 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

A lot of my relatives are also Republican conspiracy theorists. I just finished explaining to one cousin (again) that end of life counseling is desirable, and no there are no death camps. They are rabid about their ‘second amendment rights’ and two cousins (one is a teen) have facebook profiles wearing or carrying firearms, all three live in the south—Tennessee, Texas and Louisiana, and all are middle class whites. None of my middle class black NC cousins carry nor own firearms (of course they are all Democrats too).

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 21 January 2011 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 20 January 2011 11:55 PM

Thanks Brennen and asanta.  I think you did understand what I was asking and the cells was one of the things I was wondering about.  I do know when they try to rehydrate a cat that refuses to drink and I’ve seen them do that humans too who needed fluids for whatever reason, it is more of a saline solution than just pure water, but pure water was making wonder about cellular damage.  However, I wasn’t certain if cellular damage was the right words I was looking for or not.  Given that vaccines and medicines are more than just water, which I already understood, I knew they too had their own side-effects, but I wasn’t sure about water per se.  I do know if there is an air bubble and it goes into the blood stream there can be problems.  Thus why I was wondering about pure water and picturing some cells exploding because of it, but then I thought that might be a bit far fetched and I was letting my imagination run wild.  Guess it wasn’t too far off base, just maybe a bit exaggerated in my mind.  As a placebo, a saline solution would be better, if one was going to do a study of some sort with some sort of control group.  The idea of $20 for a shot of water, just made my mind run a little wild with how damaging that could be, but apparently my brain wasn’t working that much overtime.  LOL  Even so, I couldn’t help but think, “Oh my!  That has to be an exaggeration going on in my head.”  So I had to ask.

No, you aren’t far off, with the cells exploding. Also, putting pure water in the body via irrigation or IV can change the osmolarity of the body, in a baaad way! Whenever we put IN water, we keep track of what comes out. I remember a patient about 20 years ago, where the doctor was doing a procedure in the OR on a child, and had the nurse irrigate her bladder with sterile water. He kept asking for irrigation, but they forgot the #1-100 rule of keeping track. When the child started seizing they did a quick check and realized the child had been irrigated with 5 liters in—-and none out. It had been absorbed, and dropped the sodium level in her blood, causing cerebral swelling and seizures. She came to us and died shortly after. It was very sad.

Small air bubbles in the body is actually less of a problem. It depends on where the IV is and whether they have any ‘holes’ in the heart. You don’t want it to get to the lungs (which sound surprising) or brain. Air embolisms to the lungs or brain can kill. I’ve worked in animal rescue centers, and we would give subcutaneous injections of saline water to rehydrate birds and other small animals that could not eat or drink.

[ Edited: 21 January 2011 04:07 AM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 21 January 2011 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 21 January 2011 04:04 AM
Mriana - 20 January 2011 11:55 PM

No, you aren’t far off, with the cells exploding. Also, putting pure water in the body via irrigation or IV can change the osmolarity of the body, in a baaad way! Whenever we put IN water, we keep track of what comes out. I remember a patient about 20 years ago, where the doctor was doing a procedure in the OR on a child, and had the nurse irrigate her bladder with sterile water. He kept asking for irrigation, but they forgot the #1-100 rule of keeping track. When the child started seizing they did a quick check and realized the child had been irrigated with 5 liters in—-and none out. It had been absorbed, and dropped the sodium level in her blood, causing cerebral swelling and seizures. She came to us and died shortly after. It was very sad.

Oh I see a malpractice suit coming out of that.  I’m sure the dr had a lot of problems after that one, if the parents knew anything about what happened.

I guess I’ve had just enough medical studies, via my degree in Psychology with some neurology and biomedical science, that my brain is able to picture possible outcomes when it read comments like paying $20 for a shot of water.  LOL  Sometimes it seems quite morbid and exaggerated though.

Small air bubbles in the body is actually less of a problem. It depends on where the IV is and whether they have any ‘holes’ in the heart. You don’t want it to get to the lungs (which sound surprising) or brain. Air embolisms to the lungs or brain can kill. I’ve worked in animal rescue centers, and we would give subcutaneous injections of saline water to rehydrate birds and other small animals that could not eat or drink.

I’m not surprised you’ve done that.  I had a vet once tell me, all they had to know to treat someone in an emergency is whether the patient walks on two legs or four.  I wasn’t surprised by that either given the history of veterinary medicine.  Given what all Amber went through before she died, I’ve seen how the subcutaneous injections or saline water works to rehydrate them.  It’s a bit funny, (odd, not haha) how they have this big lump for a while afterward until their bodies absorb all the saline, but boy do they feel somewhat better for a while it’s done.  However, that can be deceptive, esp if they don’t start eating and drinking after that.

So directing this back onto topic, it would seem prudent to use caution when talking about alternative medication injections (if they use those things) and even studies that have a control group that gets a placebo injection.  One might want to find out what is in that type of injection and educate themselves about it before proceeding.  Of course, if it is a blind study or the alternative medicine “doctor” isn’t on the up and up, willing to educate people accurately, it maybe a problem.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 January 2011 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
asanta - 21 January 2011 03:50 AM

A lot of my relatives are also Republican conspiracy theorists. I just finished explaining to one cousin (again) that end of life counseling is desirable, and no there are no death camps. They are rabid about their ‘second amendment rights’ and two cousins (one is a teen) have facebook profiles wearing or carrying firearms, all three live in the south—Tennessee, Texas and Louisiana, and all are middle class whites. None of my middle class black NC cousins carry nor own firearms (of course they are all Democrats too).

First, you have my empathy. Those kinds of conversations are painful.

I suppose it might be some sort of bigotry on my part (locationism?) but I almost expect the people you are talking about to hold to conspiracy theories. Perhaps they’ve become synonymous in my thinking with anti-government militias? I don’t know, I should probably examine that, though.

I have been very far left for a long time now, and I guess I am just surprised that some of my friends have made a departure from what I see as healthy class analysis and reasonable government mistrust to paranoia and an inability to employ even basic logic. I probably shouldn’t be, as paranoia is often part and parcel of extremism all over the political spectrum. Since my circle of friends also have a tendency towards using all forms of alternative medicines because they mistrust conventional medicine, it must be the truth that I have simply had my head in my ass about the whole subject for a long time. Obviously, some of them have had the tendency towards being nutbars for a long time.

Does the spell check button actually DO anything?

C

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

21 of 22