Hollywood executives comments leaked
Posted: 13 December 2014 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2011-04-24

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/12/11/a-sony-exec-cracks-jokes-about-obamas-race-and-eight-more-bruising-revelations-from-the-sony-leak/

Are Hollywood execs racist, sexist? Probably.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the media.

Signature 

“I am back from Syria. I believe I have enlightened ISIS to the error of their ways. They are all vegan now.” - Godfrey Elfwick

Posted: 14 December 2014 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04

Is almost everyone in the world racist?  Probably, to some extent.

Anyway, you don’t have to be black to like The Butler and 12 Years a Slave.  They were quality movies.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 14 December 2014 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04

I think the trashing of my girl, Angelina Jolie, was more offensive than the one-ups-manship banter on who could name movies with primary black actors.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 14 December 2014 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4267
Joined  2014-06-20
mid atlantic - 13 December 2014 02:07 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/12/11/a-sony-exec-cracks-jokes-about-obamas-race-and-eight-more-bruising-revelations-from-the-sony-leak/

Are Hollywood execs racist, sexist? Probably.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the media.

Yes, there is racism in most groups—sexism, too, and the need to put others down in order to feel confidence—even false confidence.

It will play put in the media as it always does, it will cause some noise and then it will dissipate.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]