190 of 190
Revolution In Thought
Posted: 29 June 2015 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2836 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1380
Joined  2015-03-09
StephenLawrence - 29 June 2015 01:06 PM
peacegirl - 29 June 2015 11:43 AM

BreakUp has no understanding of this discovery.  As you can see, he doesn’t understand the first thing about determinism.

Agreed. 

If I put him on ignore, people will still be influenced by his lies.

Absolutely not. If you ignore him he’ll stop posting.

No he won’t, unless a moderator stops him.  He is relentless!

I came here because it was moderated, but the moderators aren’t doing enough. 

I think you’re asking too much.

I don’t think so.  All I ask is for the moderators to put a stop to the name calling and the insulting posts.  If you scroll back you will see that the majority of his posts are an effort to turn this thread into lulz at my expense.  He has added nothing to the conversation.  It is disappointing to me that these moderated forums allow this kind of behavior.

[ Edited: 29 June 2015 01:27 PM by peacegirl ]
 Signature 

I think, therefore I don’t vaccinate.

“Vaccination is a barbarous practice and one of the most fatal of all the delusions current in our time.”  Mahatma Gandhi

Ever heard of the Golden Rule?... He who has the gold makes the rules!

Posted: 29 June 2015 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2837 ]
Total Posts:  792
Joined  2015-03-29

I came here because it was moderated, but the moderators aren’t doing enough.

Unfortunately, these type forums are not the right venue for a work of this magnitude.

I have always been at a disadvantage because no one in any of these online forums ever studied the book in its entirety.  How can anyone critique a book they’ve never read,

especially a book of this nature?

Until this discovery is given a thorough investigation by scientists (or philosophers) who have the capacity to grasp these principles, it will remain in obscurity.

True the moderators are not blocking those who don’t immediately agree with what you are posting, perhaps it is because they don’t agree? 

Yes, this is not the correct forum, but here’s one that might fit better, http://www.jokesgalore.com/  Or more properly the literary dustbin might be the appropriate place for the book. 

However many have gotten a great deal of amusement from the book, so it hasn’t been a total waste. 

In your last statement you are incorrect, how could many of these posters have formed the questions and comments without reading the book. 

Unfortunately for you there are no philosophers and scientists who are tabula rasa, they have all had some education which means they have learned how the real world works and will not accept your fathers fiction.

Posted: 29 June 2015 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2838 ]
Joined  2015-03-29
Spacemonkey - 29 June 2015 12:42 PM
BreakUp - 29 June 2015 06:10 AM

How can photons be on the Earth before they have had time to get there?  And how can the wavelength of a photon arrive at the eyes, when the photons have not arrived?

Good questions. I wonder why Peacegirl doesn’t answer them.

Could it be that she hasn’t got a clue, and doesn’t know the answer?

Posted: 29 June 2015 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2839 ]
Joined  2015-03-29
peacegirl - 29 June 2015 01:23 PM

BreakUp has no understanding of this discovery.  As you can see, he doesn’t understand the first thing about determinism.

Agreed. 

If I put him on ignore, people will still be influenced by his lies.

Absolutely not. If you ignore him he’ll stop posting.

No he won’t, unless a moderator stops him.  He is relentless!

Well, I’m not relentless, but I am amused and I can’t wait to see what kind of nonsense peacegirl will post next. 

But Peacegirl is wrong, in that I have read the book and it scares me that I do understand what Lessans was trying to say, but he was so confused and tried to connect different ideas in a nonsensical ways, that I would just shake my head in wonderment that he could write the things he did.  Most of his claims were based on the total fiction of his imaginary world that he wished he lived in, but the real world wasn’t anything like his imaginary one, and he couldn’t change it to suit his own ideas.

Posted: 29 June 2015 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2840 ]
Total Posts:  6851
Joined  2006-12-20

I don’t think so.  All I ask is for the moderators to put a stop to the name calling and the insulting posts.  If you scroll back you will see that the majority of his posts are an effort to turn this thread into lulz at my expense.  He has added nothing to the conversation.  It is disappointing to me that these moderated forums allow this kind of behavior.

The solution is don’t feed the trolls.

Posted: 30 June 2015 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2841 ]
Joined  2015-03-29
StephenLawrence - 29 June 2015 11:52 PM

The solution is don’t feed the trolls.

That would be the preferable solution, and if everyone stopped feeding Peacegirls delusions and Martyr syndrome, she might stop hawking her fathers book and get back to the real world.  But as long as she believes she can make money from the book sales, she will continue to spam the internet.

Posted: 30 June 2015 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2842 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15740
Joined  2006-02-14

OK, this thread has gone on long enough, as has discussion of this book. We generally do not look kindly on discussions of personal or family books anyhow, particularly coming as early postings of new members, since such discussions amount to a kind of spam. Be that as it may, I think whatever meat was on the bones of this book has been thoroughly digested by this point. As a result this thread is being locked and further discussion along these lines is not encouraged.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

190 of 190