74 of 74
Parents, be wary of the hidden danger of vaccines!
Posted: 18 July 2015 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1096 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1380
Joined  2015-03-09
macgyver - 18 July 2015 06:18 AM

#1088 is more large scale copy and paste. What do you not understand about doug’s warning for you to stop this.

I don’t think that was large scale.  If Doug thinks so, let him tell me.  It’s hard to determine how many lines are allowed.  It is so obvious to any one reading these posts that you will do whatever you can to try to get me banned, even if it’s based on an arbitrary determination of what comprises copyright infringement.  I would never purposely infringe on someone’s copyright.  I think the changes I made satisfy Doug’s request and constitute fair use.

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 06:30 AM by peacegirl ]
 Signature 

I think, therefore I don’t vaccinate.

“Vaccination is a barbarous practice and one of the most fatal of all the delusions current in our time.”  Mahatma Gandhi

Ever heard of the Golden Rule?... He who has the gold makes the rules!

Posted: 18 July 2015 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1097 ]
Joined  2015-03-09

Antibiotics: The Bad News and the Worse News

Antibiotics, invented and studied before our knowledge of the microbiome and the role of mitochondrial dysfunction in chronic disease, have never been adequately studied for safety. We are learning that the effects of exposure to antibiotics on gut bacteria can persist for months after treatment and sometimes result in permanent disability. In fact, HormonesMatter.com has extensively documented neurological and psychiatric sequelae following common antibiotics like fluoroquinolones.

A prime example of our antiquated concepts driving the recklessness of conventional medicine, antibiotics are employed in a framework of us against them rather than the emerging reality that we need microbes and must work WITH them for optimal health. In this way, antibiotics, like vaccines, are an instance of drinking poison to kill the enemy.

http://kellybroganmd.com/snippet/antibiotics-bad-news-worse-news/

Signature 

“Vaccination is a barbarous practice and one of the most fatal of all the delusions current in our time.”  Mahatma Gandhi

Posted: 18 July 2015 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1098 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

#1088 is more large scale copy and paste. What do you not understand about doug’s warning for you to stop this.

It should be obvious that peace girl’s reading comprehension stops when words contradict her beliefs. If Doug isn’t going to ban her for these egregious and repeated flouting of forum rules then we should stop engaging her. I propose we discuss the errors of her posts without engaging peacegirl directly. Banning her would be the best solution as she is taking up far more time and server space than her ideas merit.

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 06:46 AM by DarronS ]
 Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 18 July 2015 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1099 ]
Joined  2015-03-09
DarronS - 18 July 2015 06:41 AM

It should be obvious that peace girl’s reading comprehension stops when words contradict her beliefs. If Doug isn’t going to ban her for these egregious and repeated flouting of forum rules then we should stop engaging her. I propose we discuss the errors of her posts without engaging peacegirl directly. Banning her would be the best solution as she is taking up far more time and server space than her ideas merit.

This is so funny to me.  If this isn’t the pot calling the kettle black, I don’t know what is.  LOL  Let the people vote by their click onto this thread.  I’ve said that all along.  If this thread dies organically, that is the sign of a true center for inquiry.  If not, it’s all rigged toward the bias held here.

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1100 ]
Total Posts:  2901
Joined  2007-04-26
peacegirl - 18 July 2015 06:36 AM

Antibiotics, invented and studied before our knowledge of the microbiome and the role of mitochondrial dysfunction in chronic disease, have never been adequately studied for safety. We are learning that the effects of exposure to antibiotics on gut bacteria can persist for months after treatment and sometimes result in permanent disability. In fact, HormonesMatter.com has extensively documented neurological and psychiatric sequelae following common antibiotics like fluoroquinolones.

A prime example of our antiquated concepts driving the recklessness of conventional medicine, antibiotics are employed in a framework of us against them rather than the emerging reality that we need microbes and must work WITH them for optimal health. In this way, antibiotics, like vaccines, are an instance of drinking poison to kill the enemy.

Granted this post is off topic but its also one of your more idiotic posts.

Again this is coming from the perspective of someone who has no appreciation of history nor any idea that prior to the invention of antibiotics infectious diseases were the number one killer of human beings around the world.

m829a1f2.gif

Antibiotics have saved millions of lives in the decades since they were discovered. Antibiotics are NOT like drinking poison to kill the enemy. If you understood even the most basic principals about how antibiotics worked (and again you never understand much of anything you feel qualified to comment on) you would understand that antibiotics are designed to specifically attack metabolic pathways that exist in certain bacterial cells and not in mammalian cells.

Every drug has potential for side effects so unless you want to crawl back into a cave ( please feel free to do so at any moment) then you weigh the risks and benefits when you choose whether or not to use a drug or any treatment of any sort ( including the multitude of useless naturopathic quack treatments on the market). Physicians and their professional societies and organizations have always advised judicial use of antibiotics with this in mind. The microbiome has gotten a lot of press lately largely because of the human microbiome project (which by the way is run by scientists and physicians not some quack at HormonesMatter.com). It was physicians who first realized the effects of antibiotics on the microbiome decades ago and its physicians and scientists who have discovered everything we know about the microbiome not a bunch of lunatics writing blogs in their basements. We have incorporated this information into our risk benefit analysis ever since and as we learn more we adjust our analysis and assessment accordingly.

This doesn’t mean you throw out the baby with the bath water or run around like a hysterical lunatic claiming that antibiotics are poison.

This is NOT an example of antiquated concepts driving conventional medicine. This IS an example of medicine evolving and incorporating new evidence that is discovered through traditional scientific methods so that we can continually improve our methods.

You may just wish to go to your naturopath instead. Keep in mind that while you think antibiotics have not been “adequately studied for safety” whatever that means, the treatments your quack naturopath doles out have never been tested AT ALL for safety or efficacy or anything else.

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 07:40 AM by macgyver ]
 Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 18 July 2015 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1101 ]
Joined  2015-03-09
macgyver - 18 July 2015 07:25 AM
peacegirl - 18 July 2015 06:36 AM

Granted this post is off topic but its also one of your more idiotic posts.

Again this is coming from the perspective of someone who has no appreciation of history nor any idea that prior to the invention of antibiotics infectious diseases were the number one killer of human beings around the world.

m829a1f2.gif

Antibiotics have saved millions of lives in the decades since they were discovered. Antibiotics are NOT like drinking poison to kill the enemy. If you understood even the most basic principals about how antibiotics worked (and again you never understand much of anything you feel qualified to comment on) you would understand that antibiotics are designed to specifically attack metabolic pathways that exist in certain bacterial cells and not in mammalian cells.

Every drug has potential for side effects so unless you want to crawl back into a cave ( please feel free to do so at any moment) then you weigh the risks and benefits when you choose whether or not to use a drug or any treatment of any sort ( including the multitude of useless naturopathic quack treatments on the market). Physicians and their professional societies and organizations have always advised judicial use of antibiotics with this in mind. The microbiome has gotten a lot of press lately largely because of the human microbiome project (which by the way is run by scientists and physicians not some quack at HormonesMatter.com). It was physicians who first realized the effects of antibiotics on the microbiome decades ago and its physicians and scientists who have discovered everything we know about the microbiome not a bunch of lunatics writing blogs in their basements. We have incorporated this information into our risk benefit analysis ever since and as we learn more we adjust our analysis and assessment accordingly.

This doesn’t mean you throw out the baby with the bath water or run around like a hysterical lunatic claiming that antibiotics are poison.

This is NOT an example of antiquated concepts driving conventional medicine. This IS an example of medicine evolving and incorporating new evidence that is discovered through traditional scientific methods so that we can continually improve our methods.

You may just wish to go to your naturopath instead. Keep in mind that while you think antibiotics have not been “adequately studied for safety” whatever that means, the treatments your quack naturopath doles out have never been tested AT ALL for safety or efficacy or anything else.

No one is denying that antibiotics have saved people, but now there is a serious problem due to overuse where many bugs are resistant to any antibiotic.  Stop denying what has already been established by science.  Superbugs have developed as a result of indiscriminate overuse in livestock and in prescriptions for everything under the sun, including viral illnesses which antibiotics were not meant for.  Then when you really need an antibiotic, it doesn’t get the job done.  This is not judicial use, and it has taken a strong stance against such use in order to make a change in this reckless practice by physicians.  And please stop calling everyone you disagree with lunatics.  It doesn’t help your credibility.  I am grateful for antibiotics, but I don’t think this should be a first line of defense necessarily.  You are right in that there is the potential for side-effects; some antibiotics pose more of a risk than others, so it is important to know what those risks are with the antibiotic that has been prescribed.  For example, quinolone antibiotics are known to have devastating side-effects.  Why take this if there are less dangerous antibiotics that can do the same thing?  I think that’s reasonable enough.

Quinolone Antibiotics
Have A Dangerous History

The newer Quinolone Antibiotics are considered ‘safe’ in most studies, and seem to have a low incidence of side effects. While most problems are the Common Side Effects that plague drugs and placebos alike- taking them with food seems to alleviate many of these problems.

But Quinolone Antibiotics have an VERY DARK history. While the incidence of side effects might be low, some of the people who get them have disabling or devastation long-term effects- and even death from these ‘safe’ drugs.

“...unexpected adverse reactions, such as the
CNS reaction, the drug-drug interaction,
phototoxicity, hepatotoxicity and cardiotoxicity such
as the QTc interval prolongation of ECG,
have been reported in the clinical evaluations or the
post-marketing surveillance of several new quinolones.”
The history of the development and changes
of quinolone antibacterial agents

Notice that they said that these dangerous problems were found ‘post-marketing’. This means that these reactions occur AFTER the drug is on the market and is being taken by YOU. What this says is that they KNOW that quinolone antibiotics are dangerous and have side effects that could be disabling or deadly and yet they keep developing new ones in the hope that THIS one won’t have those problems.

Quinolone Antibiotics
Are Too Dangerous to Use

This is really NOT an exaggeration. There have been many quinolone antibiotics that have been shown to be safe enough to get FDA approval, yet once released into hospitals and doctor’s offices, have been found to have such dangerous side effects that they were removed from the market.

Read more: http://www.side-effects-site.com/quinolone-antibiotics.html#ixzz3gG5mVodX

http://www.side-effects-site.com/quinolone-antibiotics.html

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 09:03 AM by peacegirl ]
 Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1102 ]
Joined  2015-03-09

The Health Sciences Institute

The most dangerous antibiotics of all are given out like candy. Urgent: A simple infection can cripple and blind you.  There were only 50 Americans who managed to gather one day this summer on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol, not to protest, but to warn. Many more wanted to come, but they were just too sick to make the trip. Those who could get to Washington carried signs and banners and many made their way in wheelchairs up the handicapped entrances to the Senate and House. What these activists and victims want regulators — and everyone else — to know is that a very commonly prescribed class of antibiotics can “cripple and kill.” Some of the signs read “Cipro is poison,” “Levaquin cripples and kills,” and “Avelox attacks.” They are talking about the most frequently prescribed antibiotics in the U.S., called fluoroquinolones. The one you’re probably most familiar with is Cipro, but there are other names. The people that came to Washington are part of a larger group called the Fluoroquinolone Toxicity 24/7 Forum, or “Floxies” for short. They warn that these antibiotics are so toxic that taking them has caused “an atomic bomb” to go off inside their bodies. It has damaged their muscles and is “scrambling their DNA” so badly that many can no longer work and some are too weak to even walk. And then there are the hallucinations. Some report “violent” reactions that include “multi-colored hallucinations,” sleepless nights spent “seeing things,” and disorientation. And here’s the worst part. Doctors continue to prescribe these drugs for simple sinus, ear, prostate, and urinary tract infections and other conditions that could be treated with less risky meds. You may recall that the government stockpiled 100 million Cipro tablets after 9/11 over fear of an anthrax attack. But it’s the Cipro in your medicine cabinet, not anthrax, that you need to worry about. Now some of the antibiotics in this class are even considered too dangerous to take by the FDA! One was Trovan, banned because of the risk of serious liver damage. Another, Raxar, was removed from the market due to the side effect of “sudden death.” But there are still 6 of these drugs being prescribed. Along with Cipro, there’s Levaquin, Avelox, Noroxin, Floxin and Factive. And they can be either swallowed or injected. These drugs aren’t new, but Big Pharma was able to bury the risks and make billions on them before the FDA ever bothered to limp into action with a black box warning on the ones it still allows to be sold. And even now that many of the risks are known, and new warnings added to the labels, doctors are still prescribing them like candy. And you can also buy them as generics.* -

Continued at: http://hsionline.com/2014/10/02/Fluoroquinolone-antibiotics/

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 09:17 AM by peacegirl ]
 Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1103 ]
Joined  2015-03-09

Here is another example of a serious side effect from the aminoglycoside class of antibiotics.  I remember years ago listening to a woman who was harmed by this antibiotic and it ruined her vestibular system.  She could no longer balance herself.  Her website is below.  It’s certainly worth knowing about before letting the doctor give you a dangerous antibiotic for a small infection, which is what happened to this woman.  If she had only been given the right information to make an informed choice, her life might be different today.  Knowledge is power.

All members of the aminoglycoside antibiotic family are well known for their potential to cause permanent ototoxicity if they enter the inner ear. Some of these drugs are more likely to cause hearing loss; others are more likely to cause vestibular loss. Others can cause either problem. -

See more at: http://vestibular.org/ototoxicity#sthash.G7e4oq5w.dpuf

http://wobblers.com/

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1104 ]
Joined  2015-03-09

Here is another article on the danger of quinolones. 

Antibiotic Alert: The Drug The Doctor Ordered Could Cause Deadly Side Effects

One of Many Educational Campaign Alerts Warning of Quinolone Reactions

A couple of months ago I took my teenage daughter to the doctor for an ear infection, and came home with a prescription for the antibiotic Cipro. I’ve taken it before myself, and thought nothing more about it – until I read the fine print in the insert that said it wasn’t recommended for patients under 18. That made me call the advice nurse, who assured me there was nothing to worry about. It also made me dig a little deeper, and start asking questions.

And then a couple of weeks ago the New York Times came out with a scary blog post about Cipro and related antibiotics, and I really began to wonder.

The Frightening History of Fluoroquinolones

Some of this isn’t news, exactly. (Except that the message doesn’t seem to be getting through.) For at least 15 years, patients, doctors and pharmacology experts have been warning about the dangerous and potentially deadly side effects of fluroroquinolones, often referred to as quinolones or FLQs in the health field.

Fluoroquinolones are extremely powerful antibiotics, developed to treat serious respiratory tract infections such as hospital-induced pneumonia, and other antibiotic-resistant or potentially deadly infections. (Cipro received major press when it was prescribed to postal workers and soldiers to prevent anthrax infection.)

Infectious disease experts consider them to be an antibiotic of last resort, to be prescribed only when first-line antibiotics such as penicillin fail to work, or in cases of extreme, life-threatening infection, or for certain bacteria known to respond best to quinolones. However, many doctors now go to Cipro and Levaquel first, prescribing them for ear infections, sinus infections, urinary tract infections, and many other common bacterial diseases.

Read full article here:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/melaniehaiken/2012/09/30/antibiotic-alert-the-drug-the-doctor-ordered-could-cause-deadly-side-effects/

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 09:29 AM by peacegirl ]
 Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1105 ]
Joined  2015-03-09

SB 277: How Will It Affect You?  Little Girl Explains SB277 To Adults

Sometimes it takes the voice of a little girl to effectively convey the simplicity of something so large to adults. There is no health crisis in California, there never was. This little girl does a great job of breaking it all down. She wants everyone to share this. I think we should.

Published on Jul 12, 2015: Meet Olivia. California native. Loves her school. What will happen to her now that controversial SB 277 is the law?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8G-i05yl2c#t=144

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1106 ]
Joined  2007-04-26
peacegirl - 18 July 2015 09:52 AM

Published on Jul 12, 2015: Meet Olivia. California native. Loves her school. What will happen to her now that controversial SB 277 is the law?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8G-i05yl2c#t=144

Maybe her idiot parents will allow her to get the vaccines the litle cartoon girl needs to protect herself and her friends from illnesses that killed and maimed many of her grandparents siblings and freinds

[ Edited: 18 July 2015 10:54 AM by macgyver ]
 Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 18 July 2015 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1107 ]
Joined  2007-04-26
peacegirl - 18 July 2015 08:40 AM

No one is denying that antibiotics have saved people, but now there is a serious problem due to overuse where many bugs are resistant to any antibiotic.  Stop denying what has already been established by science.  Superbugs have developed as a result of indiscriminate overuse in livestock and in prescriptions for everything under the sun, including viral illnesses which antibiotics were not meant for.  Then when you really need an antibiotic, it doesn’t get the job done.  This is not judicial use, and it has taken a strong stance against such use in order to make a change in this reckless practice by physicians.  And please stop calling everyone you disagree with lunatics.  It doesn’t help your credibility.  I am grateful for antibiotics, but I don’t think this should be a first line of defense necessarily.  You are right in that there is the potential for side-effects; some antibiotics pose more of a risk than others, so it is important to know what those risks are with the antibiotic that has been prescribed.  For example, quinolone antibiotics are known to have devastating side-effects.  Why take this if there are less dangerous antibiotics that can do the same thing?  I think that’s reasonable enough.

Antibiotics overuse is certainly a problem and the medical community is at the forefront of trying to correct this. Its a complex problem though which is often driven by patient demands and increasing financial pressures that give physicians less time to fully evaluate a patient and less time to explain to patients why they don’t need an antibiotic. However those of us in the medical community are doing a lot to try and educate patients so that they DONT expect an antibiotic when they come to the office with a runny nose.

I don;t call everyone lunatics. Just those who ignore the science and make inflammatory and unsupported arguments. If the shoe fits..

Antibiotics are sometimes the correct thing to use as the first line of defense but neither you nor any lay person is really equipped to know when that is.Thats why you need a physician who you trust to help with that. Some infections like bronchitis can be treated conservatively in healthy people and don’t require antibiotics, but if a person is immune suppressed then an antibiotic may be the first choice. On the other hand if you have Lyme disease, syphilis, gonorrhea, TB, pneumonia,a wound infection or pyelonephritis taking a conservative course without using antibiotics would be dangerous to the patient and sometimes to others as well.

Your comments about Quinalones are misinformed. Quinalones are very useful antibiotics. Each antibiotic has its own properties and spectrum of bacteria that it is effective against. There are some infections that respond to very few antibiotics except quinalones or which would require IV antibiotics if we didn’t have quinalones. So these drugs have some very useful applications that can not easily be substituted with another antibiotic. On the flip side there are always potential side effects to every drug and every antibiotic. Physicians always consider these things when they prescribe any medication. The problem with your analysis is that you have no perspective having never been in a position to prescribe antibiotics. You have no experience upon which to weigh the possibility of side effects. The most common significant side effect seen with quinalones is the possibility of tendon injury, but even this side effect is extremely rare. i have seen it only once in 2 decades. The other side effects are the sort of thing most physicians will never see in an entire career seeing tens of thousands of patients.

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2015 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1108 ]
Total Posts:  4231
Joined  2006-11-28

The purpose of this forum is to facilitate discussion and inquiry consistent with the agenda and goals of the Center for Inquiry, which can be generally described as advancing the enlightenment project, fostering an evidence-based, scientific outlook and humanist values. In the opinion of CFI and its Forum Moderators, the most congenial and fruitful places for internet discussion and inquiry, especially concerning the topics CFI focuses on, are those which are capably moderated. Moderation serves to promote civil and substantive discussion by discouraging behavior that distracts from such discussion and leads to fruitless, acrimonious argument. This thread has become an example of such pointless argument, and numerous violations of the forum rules and policies have occurred.

The following items of the Forum Rules have been violated by one or more members and by the content of this thread as a whole:

“Threads and posts are not allowed that in the opinion of Moderators are…disruptive to the good functioning of the either the Forum or to CFI’s mission.”

“Inquiry does not flourish in an atmosphere of heated rhetoric, mutual vilification or recrimination. Disagreements should be kept, as much as possible, to the issues at hand and not become overly personalized.”

“Duplicate or multiple posts on the same topic are subject to deletion…”

“Publishing material under copyright is only allowed as per “Fair Use” rules. Members should…quote a few sentences and provide a link.”

“Threads that consist of repetitive posting of the same comments, information, or links without meaningful development or responsive discussion will be considered a form of spamming or trolling and may be locked or deleted at the Moderators’ discretion.”

“Members who regularly engage in problem posting [are subject to banning]”

As a result of the disruptive nature of this thread and the repeated violations of forum policies, this thread will be locked. While future discussion of related issues is not prohibited, new threads which substantially replicate this thread in tone and content will also be locked, and members may be subject to banning if they engage in similar prohibited behavior in other threads.

Further, because of repeated violations of forum policies intended to prevent trolling and copyright violations, peacegirl has been banned from the forum.

The moderators wish to stress, however, that other members have also engaged in behavior contrary to the intent of the rules cited above, and future posting will be judged in the context of this behavior. Heated, personalized, and disruptive threads cannot be created and sustained by the trolling of one member but require the participation and complicity of other members. If you cannot respond to such behavior appropriately within the guidelines set for this forum, or if your posts are helping to sustain a pointless and disruptive thread such as this, we encourage members to moderate their own behavior and refrain from posting which is unproductive or which may violate the forum rules.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

74 of 74