Hello from Seattle!
Posted: 18 February 2007 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-18

Hello Everyone,
I’ve been listening to a variety of podcasts the last couple of months, my favorites being "The Skeptic’s Guide to the Universe," "Skepticality" and Penn Jilette’s podcast.  After listening to a Sam Harris interview on "Skepticality" I did a search to find more info on him and ended up here.  I’ve had a great day listening to episode after episode of POI.  Frankly, I haven’t spent much time the last few years engaging myself in critical/intellectual thinking, but I’ve made some changes in my life and feel energized and intellectually curious in a way I haven’t for some time.  Being the daughter of an atheist father and mother who was kicked out of church for getting knocked-up, religion wasn’t exactly a huge part in my upbringing.  I’ve never defined myself as part of any religious faith but I’ve never felt intellectually or emotionally comfortable to label myself as atheist/agnostic/humanist/spritualist etc.  I have my convictions that focus primarily on personal and social responsibility.  I plan to continue listening to POI, reading the forum and perhaps posting on occation.  I’m always interested in gaining perspective from the knowledge of others.  Thanks, seattleseeker

Signature 

"No one alone can attain truth."  Tolstoy

Posted: 18 February 2007 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Welcome, SS.  Hope you find some things of interest here, and hope to see your ideas.

Occam

Posted: 18 February 2007 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

Yes indeed. Welcome, and enjoy!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

‹‹ Hello from NC!      Hello from Dallas ››