Pop Culture You Don’t Like
Posted: 22 July 2015 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2005-01-14
mid atlantic - 21 July 2015 09:19 PM

Some others that just popped into my head:

Miley Cyrus—not talented in anyway.

The Kardashians—also not talented, but at least they are good looking.

Two perfect examples of what’s wrong with the entertainment industry these days.  You don’t have to have talent; you just have to be good at getting yourself noticed.  And too many young women these days have figured out that dancing around in your underwear gets you noticed.  I used to think that Taylor Swift was a class act until I saw one of HER music videos.  <sigh!>

Posted: 22 July 2015 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2011-04-24
Advocatus - 22 July 2015 07:28 AM

Two perfect examples of what’s wrong with the entertainment industry these days.  You don’t have to have talent; you just have to be good at getting yourself noticed.  And too many young women these days have figured out that dancing around in your underwear gets you noticed.

Its nothing really new, though.

I used to think that Taylor Swift was a class act until I saw one of HER music videos.  <sigh!>

Whats wrong with her videos?

Signature 

“I am back from Syria. I believe I have enlightened ISIS to the error of their ways. They are all vegan now.” - Godfrey Elfwick

Posted: 22 July 2015 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2011-04-24
TimB - 22 July 2015 07:11 AM

Carl Sagan—even though I’m an atheist, I hate everything about Sagan. Backpfeifengesicht

Kardashian’s are good looking?  Oh that reminds, me… songs like “I Like Big Butts” - I don’t care for.

Their looks are what make them somewhat tolerable.

Signature 

“I am back from Syria. I believe I have enlightened ISIS to the error of their ways. They are all vegan now.” - Godfrey Elfwick

Posted: 23 July 2015 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04

OMg!  Sharknado movies!  I did not realize they were so popular.  I have never watched one but have preformed my opinion that they must be terrible.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 24 July 2015 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  2797
Joined  2007-07-05

Harry Potter

The Hunger Games

Zombies

Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

psik

Signature 

Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
Since 9/11 Physics has been History

Posted: 24 July 2015 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
mid atlantic - 22 July 2015 06:58 PM

Carl Sagan—even though I’m an atheist, I hate everything about Sagan. Backpfeifengesicht

Kardashian’s are good looking?  Oh that reminds, me… songs like “I Like Big Butts” - I don’t care for.

Honestly, I haven’t looked at them enough to form a good subjective opinion on that.  I think I’ll keep it that way.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 28 July 2015 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
TimB - 24 July 2015 11:56 AM
mid atlantic - 22 July 2015 06:58 PM

Honestly, I haven’t looked at them enough to form a good subjective opinion on that.  I think I’ll keep it that way.

Oops, I was just exposed to a picture of Kloe Kardashian.  I am just not in that subset of white guys who find gigantic “booties” attractive.

Signature 

3 of 3