3 of 3
Existence of spiritual beings (invisible?): on experience, facts, and reason
Posted: 24 November 2015 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04
Mdejess - 24 November 2015 01:54 AM

Cease and desist already from your devious mind and heart in the exchange of ideas among fellow seekers of knowledge.

Present your concept of God when you write again, in concise, precise and intelligible words, otherwise you are wasting the time and trouble of everyone.

Again, you accuse me of having a devious mind and heart.  (Could you be projecting?) You also infer that my attempts to communicate with you are wasting time and a trouble for everyone,

I suggest that you look into your own heart, and ask what all the anger is about.

Okay.  My concept of God:  “God” is a concept.  It was conceived by humans, in great part, as a way of explaining things that happen, for which we have no concrete way of explaining. As to an actual existing God, I do not know what that would be.  Might it, as you seem to suggest, be an entity that is the operator behind, and initial cause of our reality?  I doubt it. I doubt it so much, that in practical terms, I would lean toward the statement that there is no such thing (at least nothing that resembles the plethora of conceptions of “God” that have permeated human religious history).

You demanded conciseness, so I will stop there, for now.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 24 November 2015 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  4181
Joined  2009-10-21

I knew I had heard this style before, “creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning” finally clued me in. His name is Yrreg Ballera, he’s a young man from the Philippines. He’s on twitter. He seems to be working from a book of apologetics and has no original thoughts of his own.

Posted: 24 November 2015 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Lausten - 24 November 2015 01:53 PM

I knew I had heard this style before, “creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning” finally clued me in. His name is Yrreg Ballera, he’s a young man from the Philippines. He’s on twitter. He seems to be working from a book of apologetics and has no original thoughts of his own.

I had not heard of “a book of apologetics” so I googled it. I see now that people who choose to believe things based on faith rather than discernable reality, may often require books to coach them on defending their belief system.

Perhaps Mdjess has chosen this forum in order to practice defending his faith.  That could explain his defensiveness/belligerent insults, as an insecurity re: his belief system might elicit such.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 24 November 2015 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  4181
Joined  2009-10-21

You also might want to google,  “creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning” , you’ll see all his user names and the same arguments all over the interwebs. Any post now, he should start talking about the noses on our faces and how plain they are.

Posted: 24 November 2015 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Plain noses?  That should be interesting.

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2015 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2005-01-14
Mdejess - 02 July 2015 08:42 PM

The stock information of peoples using the English language distinguishes between material beings and spiritual beings.

Material beings are what we might identify as anything at all which are accessible to scientific investigations with our conscious senses or/and with laboratory instrumentation.

Spiritual beings are what we might identify as anything at all which are not material beings as described above.

That seems pretty straightforward.  The only spiritual beings I’m aware of exist inside people’s heads, in other words inside material bodies.  Therefore they (the physical bodies in which they reside, that is) are visible.  Can you demonstrate the existence of any other kind of spiritual being?  One that exists independently of a physical body?

Posted: 14 December 2015 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  7818
Joined  2009-02-26
Advocatus - 02 December 2015 07:46 AM
Mdejess - 02 July 2015 08:42 PM

The stock information of peoples using the English language distinguishes between material beings and spiritual beings.

Material beings are what we might identify as anything at all which are accessible to scientific investigations with our conscious senses or/and with laboratory instrumentation.

Spiritual beings are what we might identify as anything at all which are not material beings as described above.

That seems pretty straightforward.  The only spiritual beings I’m aware of exist inside people’s heads, in other words inside material bodies.  Therefore they (the physical bodies in which they reside, that is) are visible.  Can you demonstrate the existence of any other kind of spiritual being?  One that exists independently of a physical body?

I suggest looking up the definition of *Tulpa*

Tulpa (Tibetan: སྤྲུལ་པ, Wylie: sprul-pa; Sanskrit: निर्मित nirmita[1] and निर्माण nirmāṇa;[2] “to build” or “to construct”) also translated as “magical emanation”,[3] “conjured thing” [4] and “phantom” [5] is a concept in mysticism of a being or object which is created through sheer spiritual or mental discipline alone. It is defined in Indian Buddhist texts as any unreal, illusory or mind created apparition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

3 of 3