2 of 2
Australian medical group makes strong statement on homeopathy
Posted: 14 March 2017 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  466
Joined  2016-12-24
anna - 14 March 2017 08:56 AM

For example, cranberry juice can help to deal with UTIs, esepcially kidney infection.

One spoon of juice mixed with a gallon of water ?  tongue wink
Sorry, couldn’t resist a little snark.

Posted: 14 March 2017 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3499
Joined  2009-10-21
Lausten - 14 March 2017 04:25 AM
anna - 12 March 2017 12:52 AM

I don’t think that homeopathy is useless. I know many people that medical treatments didn’t help them but home remedies solved their health problems.

Yeah, and I know lots of people that homeopathy didn’t work them but actual medicine did. So, not much of an argument there. How do you determine what works?

It’s quite hard to say. I mean homeopathy actually does not work all the time but still have some possitive effects on the body. Just use homeopathy as the last choice.
For example, cranberry juice can help to deal with UTIs, esepcially kidney infection.
umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/cranberry
authorityremediescom/home-remedies-for-kidney-infection
ps: How can I post a link here?

If you can’t tell why something works, or how well it works, then really, why not just take some snake oil? Cranberry juice has a demonstrable effect, it’s not homeopathy, it’s food. There are good and bad foods.

Links can be made with “url” tag. Not sure how many of these work here, but here’s a reference.
The spam filter is strong on this site, sometimes you just have to post it like you did.

Posted: 14 March 2017 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  3760
Joined  2014-06-20
Lausten - 14 March 2017 11:18 AM
Lausten - 14 March 2017 04:25 AM

I don’t think that homeopathy is useless. I know many people that medical treatments didn’t help them but home remedies solved their health problems.

Yeah, and I know lots of people that homeopathy didn’t work them but actual medicine did. So, not much of an argument there. How do you determine what works?

It’s quite hard to say. I mean homeopathy actually does not work all the time but still have some possitive effects on the body. Just use homeopathy as the last choice.
umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/cranberry
authorityremediescom/home-remedies-for-kidney-infection
ps: How can I post a link here?

If you can’t tell why something works, or how well it works, then really, why not just take some snake oil? Cranberry juice has a demonstrable effect, it’s not homeopathy, it’s food. There are good and bad foods.

Links can be made with “url” tag. Not sure how many of these work here, but here’s a reference.
The spam filter is strong on this site, sometimes you just have to post it like you did.

Try taking outbthe http and WWW. Thatnusually works for me. Worth a try, anyway.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 01 April 2017 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-05-25

NO.

Cranberry juice does not prevent urinary tract infections.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23076891

Posted: 01 April 2017 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-05-25

I don’t think that homeopathy is useless.

Homeopathy is a theory that is based on the idea that a substance that might make a person sick will cure a sick person if given in small quantities.
Homeopathic meds are made by diluting the substances in question multiple times (100 to 200 times). 
If you do the math,  the final solution is so dilute that it has no molecules of the original substance.  In other words, its just distilled water.
Money is charged for this distilled water.  Money that could be spent on healthcare.

2 of 2