Members list
Posted: 02 November 2015 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4335
Joined  2014-06-20

I took a good look at the members list for the first time and it looks as if half the list has never posted. Is it worthwhile keeping these “members” on an active list? Some have been on the list for years with no activity.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 02 November 2015 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15741
Joined  2006-02-14
LoisL - 02 November 2015 07:59 AM

I took a good look at the members list for the first time and it looks as if half the list has never posted. Is it worthwhile keeping these “members” on an active list? Some have been on the list for years with no activity.

Lois

There is no downside to having ‘lurkers’ on the member list, and a potential downside to delete a member who might want to post at some time in the future. Also it is a lot of work just to police spammers (who get on the member list nearly every day and need to be deleted) and I have no interest in expanding the workload.

NB: some members are there because they posted on other parts of the CFI site such as the blogs.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 November 2015 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4335
Joined  2014-06-20
dougsmith - 02 November 2015 08:19 AM
LoisL - 02 November 2015 07:59 AM

Lois

There is no downside to having ‘lurkers’ on the member list, and a potential downside to delete a member who might want to post at some time in the future. Also it is a lot of work just to police spammers (who get on the member list nearly every day and need to be deleted) and I have no interest in expanding the workload.

NB: some members are there because they posted on other parts of the CFI site such as the blogs.

Ok, point taken.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]