Heavy metals, pharmaceuticals and endangered species DNA found in traditional Chinese medicines, research finds
Posted: 14 December 2015 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-02-08

An interesting article from the Australian Broadcasting Commission on research into Chinese Medicines sold in Australia by a South Australian University.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-10/traditional-chinese-medicines-dangerous-chemical-contaminants/7015534

Posted: 14 December 2015 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2011-04-24

It isn’t surprising to read that, though I doubt it will dissuade many hardcore proponents of traditional Chinese medicine. They would probably say the ingredients in modern pharmaceuticals are even worse.

Signature 

“I am back from Syria. I believe I have enlightened ISIS to the error of their ways. They are all vegan now.” - Godfrey Elfwick

Posted: 15 December 2015 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

Thanks for the link. I just shared it on Facebook. Can’t wait to see what some of my, ahem, less rational friends think.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 18 December 2015 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2901
Joined  2007-04-26

This is a problem through out the supplement industry. 2 years ago I saw a young woman who was complaining of hair growing in places it shouldn’t. It turned out that the multivitamin she was taking was spiked with testosterone. When you buy these things and put them in your body you’re really playing Russian Roulette.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong